Thread: Reef spin stick

Reef spin stick

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a new spin stick for the reef around NQ here as my old housemate disappeared with my tld20 and t-curve jig stick as the majority of my reef work is spearing these days I was looking to get something which is a little bit more of an all-rounder to use for bottom bashing as well as throwing lures around, I know these two really go against each other so I’ve been looking at something around the 7'5'' range that way I can still use the same rod for both and if I do any serious bottom bashing I have another overhead I can use. I've spent the last 3 days reading every review I could find on the net and I think I have settled on a shimano saragosa 18000f with 65lb braid.

I've now come pretty stuck when choosing a rod as I can't find many reviews, the two main contenders I have at the moment would be the tuff tackle pop and the TCurve Revolution Travel 763 SW Spin. Both rods are 7'6'' but the travel is a little lighter in the 15-25kg range. Has anyone used either of these rods? I like the idea of the heavier TT pop rod as it gives me the opportunity to throw 80lb braid over it if I get more into the popping/jigging gig.. Might also be worth noting here that there is a good chance I will be doing several coral sea trips in the next couple of years so whatever I get will be put to the test big time. any views/opinions/recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Nidrac

Re: Reef spin stick

Garry Howard built Calstar Grafighter 700H or XH. A 7' one piece might not suit you for travel. Great all-rounder, do a search on here for some more info and bendo pictures.