Thread: Hi vis trolling line

Question Hi vis trolling line

I'm going to spool up my TLD15 for trolling and was wondering what type of hi vis line and breaking strain do you use for around east of Moreton. I don't have a trolling rod so I was going to use an old M10 24kg stick. Will be only chasing the general stuff out there not going out wide after big marlin etc.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: Hi vis trolling line

Bruce I have been using the Pink 15kg Platypus low stretch mono for trolling (and everything else for that matter)on a TLD20. Dont know about its high visibility but it does seem to be able to knock over anything I have encountered. As far as rods go I am using an 8-15kg live fibre. This seems to do the trick alright as well. I dont reckon you need that heavy a kit for trolling for your normal type pelagics but thats just me.

I have loaded my new TLD 15 wth 15kg Platypus Pink as well. I can see it pretty well when trolling but it goes clear in the water for floatlining etc. Its low stretch and reasonably abraision resistant for a thin line. I think the M10 might be a bit heavy for what you are doing (more suited to 24kg) but you will probably get away with it. I'm using a Silstar 10-15kg with the TLD15. Its a light and powerfull bit of kit
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I like the gold platypus low stretch

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

For trolling I like Platypus pretest in yellow. Very easy to see which is important when you're trolling a few lines to avoid tangles and know where each bait or lure is. A high vis line is also useful when following a hooked fish. The boat driver can see the line so can position the boat as required.

Another reason I like Pretest is that it`s a thick line, and to my mind handles abrasion a bit better without losing strength.

Thanks all above for your input. Now to purchase some line, however I'll stick with the M10 until I see a 10-15kg rod on special somewhere.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things