Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offshore Brennans with Fisho and Mossy and fisho's Daughter

Offshore Brennans with Fisho and Mossy and fisho's Daughter

Well what an awsome day to be offshore today was Left Scarbrough at 6am headed for Cape Moreton and the conditions did not dissapoint. Pulled up on Brennens shoal and had the whole place to ourselves. Mossy was armed with his Poofter rods I had 1 Poofter rod and my other 2 bait rods Bait today was slimy mackeral yellow tail scads Gar and Squid. Mossy bought the first fish to the boat on his Zman 7 inch grub a nice Golden Trevelly me forgetting the net I was having to grab the fish to get them into the boat grabbed the leader and low and behold I dropped the bloody thing after a fair bit of Profanity on my part we kept at it conditions were glassed out all day which made for great fishing. Mossy got onto a freight train and the fight lasted for about 5 mins before it bricked him whatever it was it was big because it was peeling off line at an insane rate to the point I started the boat to follow it and get some line back. Next fish was my turn I had my Poofter rod out and it started peeling off line. After a short fight a nice little snap hit the ice my Foruno was lit up with fish but they just would not hit my line another drift Mossy was working the chicken wings again in which a nice 65cm Spangled emporer hit the ice I gotta say those 7 inch grubs were killing me on the baits I was getting plenty of bites but no hookups. Another drift another one of Mossy's rods get's slammed again and I grab another spanled emporer and bring it into the boat this things was huge and come in at about 75cm. And then as fast as it happened it all went quiet not another bite for the day. Fish were still holding on the shoal but just did not want hit the line. at 12.30 we decided to head in after a very nice trip back we cleaned up cleaned the fish and the day was done. This would have to be one of the most nicest days out offshore with great company. Mossy even gave me the 2 fish he caught today and I gave him my Snap so it is spangled emporer for dinner with the family So thanks Mossy for a great day out and thanks for the fish mate cannot wait til next time. The poofter rods won the day today that is for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1552.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	85089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1553.jpg 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	85090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1554.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	85091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1555.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	85092  

Re: Offshore Brennans with Fisho and Mossy and fisho's Daughter

Bit of a vid heading out this morning bloody awsome conditions.

well done fellas

Once again mate thanks for another awesome day out on the water and there were some monsters around them schools of bait for sure. The white grubs seemed to account for most of the hits today. I love fishing around the other side of moreton on days like today that is for sure. Those spangles go hard and the larger of the two on my 10lb set up gave me some stick but handle it with ease. That was all fish today caught and boated on plastics, i reckon the mac burley trail helped a little, might of even got the shark around.
    Thanks for a top day out. tight lines - Mossy

Nice work Fisho. Those big Spangleds go hard! Hope they were the good tasting ones, some of them can be a bit ordinary. Cheers
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Once again mate thanks for another awesome day out on the water and there were some monsters around them schools of bait for sure. The white grubs seemed to account for most of the hits today. I love fishing around the other side of moreton on days like today that is for sure. Those spangles go hard and the larger of the two on my 10lb set up gave me some stick but handle it with ease. That was all fish today caught and boated on plastics, i reckon the mac burley trail helped a little, might of even got the shark around.
    Thanks for a top day out. tight lines - Mossy
    Gee you've gone soft Chicken man fishing with a glove these days
    Did Fisho's daughter have to wind the big spangled in for you
    good catch
    Dick

Haha myself and a few mates have always called them "fag rods" too haha

Well done on a good day out.

Cheers
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Nice work Fisho. Those big Spangleds go hard! Hope they were the good tasting ones, some of them can be a bit ordinary. Cheers
    Yeah they tasted great cooked them up last night went down real well with a XXXX.

Cheers Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    good catch
    Dick
    Haha DT na the chicken wings were a bit stretched by the end of the day mate but we had no dramas bringing them up mate. My daughter spent the whole day in the cabin asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Haha myself and a few mates have always called them "fag rods" too haha

Well done on a good day out.

Cheers
    Thanks mate yeah one of the guys on here calls them Poofter rods haha was a great day out.

Cheers Mick.

Very nice fellas
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Got busted up big time out there today probably lost the most tackle ever in a trip.
    Landed the biggest Rainbow runner I've ever seen, played with some subs for a while further south called them for Wahoo coming at the boat as fast as they took line out away from boat before biting off. One of the guys landed a 1.5m long tom, had teeth from hell.
    Was good to get back on the water even if it was 20knts
    Dick

Well done DT, having the right skipper makes all the difference hey mate

Barry will love the sound of being bricked over and over, he tells me he will have to be ordering lead and supplies by the pallet soon

Mossy, you must have some sort of Bromance going if you are labelled chicken wings all the time and not hold a grudge, must be a kiss and make up after a good trip like this one. A good ride like DT's boat and all can be forgotten real quick.

Love to hook up at Brennans some time, buggered if I can raise fish like you guys did there, I can see them on the sounder but must not be smiling right or something.

Thanks for the post.

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    good catch
    Dick
    i think after his last gaffing gaffe he has decided reefing em through the tuna door might be better

well done fellas.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Mossy, you must have some sort of Bromance going if you are labelled chicken wings all the time and not hold a grudge, must be a kiss and make up after a good trip like this one. A good ride like DT's boat and all can be forgotten real quick.

Love to hook up at Brennans some time, buggered if I can raise fish like you guys did there, I can see them on the sounder but must not be smiling right or something.

Thanks for the post.

Scalem
    Hahahaha pretty sure I labelled them the chicken wings or office arms. Results Brian, can call me what they want as long as they call me to come fishing