Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    No one can argue that there is nothing ethically acceptable to kill any animal for the absence of necessity.



    Yes it was legal....take the pics and discard the carcass again it is a legal and maybe a subordination of ones hegemonic behaviour. Folks amongst us pay big bucks, travel overseas to quench their social admiration. I am owner operator line commercial fishermen, a commercial diver for 7 years, I will go for a dive with my kids upholding the absence of necessity to harm. Trophy hunting is legal in many parts of the world, contrary to the billions of beings condoning such behaviour. Cecil the lion or Maggie the marlin.....I call out for what it is.

  2. #32

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    And drag out a 7 year old post that nobody gives a rats about. Wonder what the agenda is.

  3. #33

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    I kept my first marlin, further, I ate every single piece of meat on that fish.

    At the time I was towing for spanish or wahoo on the way back to the Kingscliff ramp when I hook up.

    After that I decided never to keep/kill another bill fish, they are NOT ego boosters.
    My second bill fish hook-up was on a Sailfish, again I was towing for macks.

    The best feeling I've ever experienced fishing was watching that sailfish swim away from my boat with three Marine Institute tags that I had inserted into it's shoulder, each of the tags have numbers, these numbers are also on cards that are filled in by the angler & posted back to the marine institute, the details needed on the cards are - species, latitude & longitude, date & estimated weight and length of the fish and maybe condition of fish when released.
    If the fish is ever re captured and the tags retrieved, the marine institute can establish a migration pattern and growth rate, again, the fish does not needed to be killed. There is a fifty percent shed rate for tags.

    I was able to obtain tags through A.N.S.A. on the down side of A.N.S.A., I don't agree with light line class records in some cases, by that I mean.... fighting/landing a 200kilo + game fish on 10 kilo line is IMO cruel. I held a couple of records however the line class was close to the weight of the fish.
    Finally, if an angler wants to keep a fish, kill it quickly, no need for it to suffer & only take what you need for the table.

    Hope all that makes sense.
    cheers r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

    ....OH WHAT A FEELING!

  4. #34

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    Someone joined just to virtue signal. Should fit in well around here.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  5. #35

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    No disrespect intended, this is a topic that is often discussed, everyone has their own perspective which must be taken on board (no pun intended), as you can see from my text.
    However, saying that "nobody gives a rats" ??? ...with leave it at that.
    cheers roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

    ....OH WHAT A FEELING!

  6. #36

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    I agree with your viewpoints Roz; you'd be a good hunter. For what it's worth tho...only bill fish I've ever caught is a gar. Wait....I did land a long tom once...does that count?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  7. #37

    Re: Black Marlin, Blue Spot Coral Trout used as berley by Spearo's

    I got a little off the topic with my response.
    The point I would like to clarify is - a good way to responsibly gather burly is to (IMO) save the leftovers from fish one has cleaned/filleted. It's extra work but worth the effort.
    I used to have the mindset a lot of anglers still have, that being - catch as much as you can even if it's way over the amount of fish you or your family can eat.
    Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

    ....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us