Thread: Saltiga boat braid

Saltiga boat braid

Hi all,

Looking for opinions on saltiga boat braid. Anyone used it ? 1800 yard spools look to be great value. Reviews on American sites seem very good. Breaking strains look comparable to the top quality jigging lines, PE 5 around 65 lb and PE 6 at 80 odd lbs is better than most so whats the catch ? 1800 yards at much the same price as 300m of top of the range japanese for nearly the same breaking strain.
    I have used other japanese PE lines for jigging but really if this stuff does a comparable job why fork out the extra dollars. I jig nearly every weekend this time of year so a cheaper atlernative would be very welcomed.
    Any opinions welcomed.

cheers
    scott

Re: Saltiga boat braid

Mate .... go for it !!! - anyone that I know that has used it for jigging has not had an issue with it .

I personally think it is just an out of specification 8ply daiwa accudepth braid sold in bulk ........
    Maybe someone can prove me wrong ...... but there has to be a way that daiwa can sell their out of specification premium braids without dumping . the difference of o.o5 aint too much on an 80lb 8 pick braid

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I thought it was made for the big deep drop electric reels where the fine diameter/bs ratio was a real advantage. Top line for the money and another example of how we have been ripped by the tackle industry in Australia for years.

I have been using the 55lb for about three years now. It is an excellent line. I have never had the line break. I use it for offshore fishing and have it on three reels (you can do that with 1800 yards). The colour indicators for depth have been a revolution for me on the water!!

I use a bimini twist onto a wind on leader. Never had the braid break or slip at the knot.

I dont think there are any catches - well hopefully there is - it is just a good quality 8 ply braid. It is also well priced. It has a thin diameter for its breaking strain.

Yeah mate I'm with the rest,
    I have the 80lb loaded up on my saragossa, great stuff, and it works well for an emergency anchor if required!
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent

thanks for the replies guys that all sounds very good. i think i might get some then and give it a go. the price for the 1800 yard spool is unbeatable.