Thread: For Queensland Anglers.

For Queensland Anglers.

BOAT OWNER’S LEVY REALLOCATED
    MAKE SURE YOUR MONEY IS NOT WASTED

Do you know that you pay a special purpose levy of $18 RUF (recreational use fee previously known as PPV) on top of your boat registration to ensure recreational fishing incentives?

This now raises around $4.6m which goes direct to Fisheries Queensland.
    The monies in the past have been partly used for such activities as –

1. Kids fishing days

2. Freshwater fish stocking support

3. Recreational research assistance

4. Fishcare volunteers

5. Fish tagging programs

$2m of this money will be reallocated to Fisheries staffing and government business by axing the above recreational incentives and others that benefitted recreational fishing.
    Your money is no longer being used as it was intended for established recreational fishing community programs.

REGISTER YOUR OBJECTION THE REALLOCATION OF YOUR MONEY.

Please take any or all of the following actions on the 15th October

1. Phone and email the Premier
    ashgrove@parliament.qld.gov.au 3366 6000

2. Phone and email the Fisheries Minister
    toowoomba.south@parliament.qld.gov.au 4639 1199

3. Phone and email your local Member

Authorised and distributed by SUNFISH Queensland www.sunfishqld.com.au

a full list of local members of parliament are here :-

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/doc...ts/MEMLIST.pdf

LP.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-10-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: For Queensland Anglers.

We seriously need our own Department of Fisheries, instead of the combined DAFF (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry), they talk of the machinery of government change, but just changing the name from DERM & DEEDI to DAFF is not helping our cause, our sport, our lifestyle, yet no say in whether OUR money stays or not
    Barra, Boars, Bundy & bare arsed
    cottersfnq@yahoo.com.au

Thanks Phil, Sent off an email to my Local Member

FRESHWATER FISHING “GUTTED” BY LNP GOVERNMENT
    “It is quite clear that the LNP Government has no affinity, recognition or understanding of the significant role that freshwater fishing plays in the lives of many Queenslanders” Mr Robin Caddy said today. Mr Caddy is President of the Freshwater Fishing and Stocking Associa...tion of Queensland (FFSAQ). FFSAQ is the peak body organization representing freshwater fishers.
    The statement came after the LNP Government announced details of budget savings that have impacted on operational procedures of Fisheries Queensland.
    Mr Caddy said “ Fisheries Queensland has advised that 60 staff positions will disappear, and its focus from now on will only be on core legislative, policy and compliance. The entire industry development program that included recreational and commercial fishing and aquaculture will cease to exist. To be precise, freshwater fishing has been completely gutted by the LNP Government.
    Mr Les Kowitz, Executive Officer of FFSAQ explains that because of these budget slashings, local community and voluntary fish stocking groups that relied on a contribution from Fisheries Queensland to enhance their local fishery have now been left out to dry by the LNP. The very survival of these groups must now be in jeopardy.
    Activities no longer resourced by Fisheries Queensland include:
    The Recreational Fishing Enhancement Program (RFEP) will cease to exist, which means that fingerling grants will no longer be available to stocking groups
    There will be no further freshwater fish stocking workshops
    The position of Manager for Recreational Fisheries no longer exists
    As there are no Fisheries Extension Officers remaining, service delivery and assistance to stocking groups has ceased
    The Fishcare Volunteer Program has ceased,
    Fishway and waterway barrier works teams have been made redundant,
    The Habitat Assessment and Monitoring team no longer exist
    “What this means is that there will be virtually no avenue within Fisheries Queensland to assist community fish stocking groups with routine operations to maintain basic service delivery, and certainly nothing for future enhancement” Mr Kowitz said.
    Fisheries Queensland has advised that the Stocked Impoundment Permit Scheme (SIPS) will continue to operate as per current arrangements.
    Mr Caddy said “That this decimation of assistance to the freshwater sector was clearly a kick in the guts for regional communities. These voluntary organizations have worked tirelessly over the years to enhance their local fisheries and thereby improve their lifestyle and social values while at the same time adding to the local economy of their area. To be now treated in this manner is deplorable”.

I have sent a email as well....
    TEAM F.C.R.

be sending mine monday phill. increases in fees and reductions in services suck. like wello boat ramp.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Sent my emails off, we need incentives like fish tagging and fish research to keep our waterways perfect
    Living Young, Wild and Free

Sent this today... wonder if anyone reads them??

I understand that $2million of the RUF fees will be reallocated to Fisheries staffing and government business, cutting funding to programs that benefitted recreational fishing.

Our money is no longer being used as it was intended, ie, for established recreational fishing community programs. I as a recreational fisher and owner of a boat think this is unacceptable . I am happy to pay the recreational user fee as long as it is used for what it was meant for, but not for things our other taxes should be paying for. I believe you need to reverse this decision. I for 1 voted for LNP on the premise that you would do more for rec fishing than the previous govt., but it seems I and hundreds of thousands of rec fishers and boaters in Qld were fooled...

rgds, Brad Smith
    164 Angela Road, Rockyview, Qld
    electorate of Keppel.

sent to the Premier, Fisheries minister and my local MP today

message sent to Premier and local member

Lightbulb Re: For Queensland Anglers.

Maybe TimTam the LNP man..... I'm
    and Mark "my words" Robinson MP-Fisho
    Could start another e-petition to reverse the decision??
    .......I'm sure plenty of "the people" would sign it

OR....would it need to be championed by an ALP opposition member

sent to the premier .....

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

mmmmm! no reply from my emails, not even a note to say they were received, I guess I will just have to sit and wait for them.