Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hervey Bay M&G 23rd Nov.

Re: Hervey Bay M&G 23rd Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    Easyrider when you say the duration is that fri/sat home sunday..I would look on your GPS at places you want to fish & how far it is to travel... I think from H/bay boat ramp up to roonies its about 80 odd ks ..I will be taking jerry cans so when I get up to roonies willtop the boat up then fish the breaksea spit area for the weekend . mate just take the extra fuel so you have peace of mind
    So how much fuel will you be taking all up? Wondering if 400 L in the striper will be enough?
    Jim

I will have 210 in the boat plus 40 in Jerries which will give me a safe range of 300 clicks so I think 400 would heaps unless you burn it at 70 litres an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    So how much fuel will you be taking all up? Wondering if 400 L in the striper will be enough?
    bragger

my boat would sink with 400lt in it or do 1200km

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    bragger

cheers Murf
    If there wasn't a reef in the way to stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    If there wasn't a reef in the way to stop you.
    new gear box ordered and new prop purchased so will be back to making new channels in the reef real soon

Bruce was last seen at the new BCF at Cleveland today apparently, i think Bruce is turning into a tackle junkie, I like it!

ill be booking a caravan place up there for Bec and I, fitting a NMEA for the Garmin, motor serviced, just hope work plays the game!
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    bragger

cheers Murf
    Righto, 400 Litres it is plus a paddle for the deckie!
    Jim

Had a look on the GPS from Urangan boat ramp to rooney point 56ks from there to the 4 mile at breaksea spit another 23ks so not to bad lets hope we don't get a N/W wind as that would make rooneys suck for a raftup,, Jim are you going to share Murf around for paddleing duties etc

Had a look on the GPS from Urangan boat ramp to rooney point 56ks from there to the 4 mile at breaksea spit another 23ks so not to bad lets hope we don't get a N/W wind as that would make rooneys suck for a raftup,, Jim are you going to share Murf around for paddleing duties etc
    mate just tie the tow rope on the back and I will paddle to get there but I am sure the mighty Striper will have the go to tow you there with 400lt of fuel

my little 5m 40yo boat goes out 80km to fish so the striper should be like a luxury liner

I am getting excited about a new place to fish and new challenges so bring it on

cheers Murf

Get your own Biatch!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Get your own Biatch!
    He does......problem being he's old and needs regular snoozes in the cabin throughout the day.

If you are trolling for marlin, (some boats tagging over 30 fish in a day last week) my 200 etec would use about 15 litres an hour, x 8 hours = 120lts, cruise at 22-24kts uses 2litres per nautical mile, so up to rooneys and back to urangan say 140lts, rooneys to 13 mile crossing and back is about 18 miles each way add another 75lts, so with average weather for a trip up, (hopefully light southeasters) troll all day, trip back would use = 335 litres minimum thats with no drift shifts if I have a bottom bash... so it will be the 400 lts on board for me and be reistricted to one trip over the spit. Hope the weather is kind to us all. Kev.

sound like my 450 litres should be enough then . with the 4 stroke on it

Its been a long time since I have fished the Bay. Where would be the best spots to pick up some livies on the way out. The Fairway Bouy area used to have some at times.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Its been a long time since I have fished the Bay. Where would be the best spots to pick up some livies on the way out. The Fairway Bouy area used to have some at times.
    Last time we were up there this time last year the fairway was swarming with bait