Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hervey Bay M&G 23rd Nov.

Re: Hervey Bay M&G sign up sheet.

do they come with glitter Phill?
    Tangles KFC

You know they do Mike.... that's why there is nothing like them on the open market.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

they certainly work treat, ill have 5! have my own trebles
    Tangles KFC

not using trebles anymore...... single 5/0 VMC 9255PS................. with the barb flattened..

LP ><> ><>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Looks like Phill supplies slugs and we keep his mug full . What will it be Pink Lady Apple Cider ?
    Cheers Kev

How keen are you people going to be, are you bay fishing only, or crossing the spit to chase some billfish in 27 meters of water on the eastern side of the spit? Wathumba needs permits to camp on the northern spit if you are not staying on your boat and if you do, the snadies mite carry you a way. Any thoughts on staying at Roonies point on the boats in the sheltered waters, as long as its not a northwester, and then you probably would not be that far up the island anyway, likely to be at the kingfisher bar.... The hervey bay game fishing comp is on the 8th-11th weekend and will have maybe 20-30 boats up at Roonies and the spit for the weekend. If anyone is planing on doing the 20 mile run over the spit to chase some marlin and sails, I am happy to offer some info that I have picked up from my past 6 trips over the bar. You can get billies in the bay too, so put in a few skirts an dthe live bait jigs for a slow troll around the bird packs... Will let you know if I can make it once you pick a weekend. Cheers Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    How keen are you people going to be, are you bay fishing only, or crossing the spit to chase some billfish in 27 meters of water on the eastern side of the spit? Wathumba needs permits to camp on the northern spit if you are not staying on your boat and if you do, the snadies mite carry you a way. Any thoughts on staying at Roonies point on the boats in the sheltered waters, as long as its not a northwester, and then you probably would not be that far up the island anyway, likely to be at the kingfisher bar.... The hervey bay game fishing comp is on the 8th-11th weekend and will have maybe 20-30 boats up at Roonies and the spit for the weekend. If anyone is planing on doing the 20 mile run over the spit to chase some marlin and sails, I am happy to offer some info that I have picked up from my past 6 trips over the bar. You can get billies in the bay too, so put in a few skirts an dthe live bait jigs for a slow troll around the bird packs... Will let you know if I can make it once you pick a weekend. Cheers Kev.
    That is what we will be doing Marvin, anchoring up at Roonies point, or if really calm then where we are fishing. But a stop off at Wathumba on the way home may be on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    not using trebles anymore...... single 5/0 VMC 9255PS................. with the barb flattened..

LP ><> ><>
    Sorry Phill, I only have trebles, so can you supply the hooks as well... and some split rings.

Seems to me Phill you spend a lot of your time driving around, have you thought of just doing some painting...lol
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

hi Guys ,
    count me in , sounds like it will be plently of freindly banter and beer !!!
    cheers Rob
    5.5mtr Mclay Fisherman , 115HP optimax ,HDS5 lowrance ,

Sometimes i wakeup grumpy and sometimes i let her sleep !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Sorry Phill, I only have trebles, so can you supply the hooks as well... and some split rings.

Seems to me Phill you spend a lot of your time driving around, have you thought of just doing some painting...lol
    Yeah - I thought that too! Would be retired by now if he painted all day instead of driving about the country stopping in for cuppa's and scones etc.
    Jim

No...No....No....YES! I been a sleep for a week .....been in touch with da Horse man....details for lock in coming to you soon
    Cheers

23/24/25 weekend has my vote.

Well there's been a lot of questions asked on this thread.

This date or that date?

Which ramp?

Will there be spotties?

Wathumba or Roonys?

Who's going, who's not?

Meanwhile, the most important question of them all remains unanswered! .................

Where will the Joy Feeding Station be!!!????

Ohhh..... and will there be a limited return of Flash Mash? Be quite nice for brekkie with some Bacon and Egg ...... hmmmm fry it up and maybe renamed Flash Hash?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post

Where will the Joy Feeding Station be!!!????
    I am fairly sure bull1 will be looking for the joy feeding station.

After a conference with the Chongster the details are falling into place and will be revealed shortly.
    Probably the biggest decision is who wants to use Wathumba as a base camp and who would rather remain afloat for the weekend. Wathumba to roonies is about 11 NM each way.
    Wathumba costs $5.90 a night per person if camping and has access to toilets. The entry is not the easiest (check out Google Earth) and would be a 1/2 tide access
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"