Thread: Lake Monduran 8hrs for Zip

Lake Monduran 8hrs for Zip

Took the family up to Lake Monduran on Saturday, 6th October 2012, fished Jacks Bay, worked all edges from western side as you head in the bay just before the little round island, the bay behind the island, and the next one past it, not a touch for 8hrs of casting a variety of lures. Had a northerly wind blowing onto the soutwestern points and bay gullies, looked good with lillies and weed edges clearly defined, lots of lantana and fallen timber, gar present in the area, but nothing that wanted our offerings. Was on the quarter moon though so could have something to do with the fish being scarce. Good luck to those fishing the comp next weekend, I'm working this year. :-( Kev.

Re: Lake Monduran 8hrs for Zip

thanks for the report Kev sounds like a tough day on the dam , did you hear of many other fish getting cought ?

Craig

Re: Lake Monduran 8hrs for Zip

I did not see anyother boats where we were that day, the mondy comp was just run yesterday/saturday, think there was only 3 fish weighed in out of a few hundred entries, but rumour only, SteveB might be able to put up some results as I think he was up there. Sorry can't be much more help on this one. Kev.