Thread: Spring Time bass'n

Spring Time bass'n

With the weather finally warming & and a run of Northerly winds it was time to dust off the bass tackle and hit the local rivers and weirs

Nothing better than getting on the water at 1st light !

We often come across local bass expert & kayak fanatics Aidan Roberts & his parents when out bass'n

Kayak cam

The top water fishing has been great first up in the mornings and again late afternoon - Nathan Nitschink one that liked Bushy's Top Dog !

We also had freelance journalists & photographers Jonathan Jones ( pictured above ) Chris Scurfield and Sarkis Join us on their way through Hervey Bay while on the hunt for some new material.
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Re: Spring Time bass'n

Chris Scurfield with his 1st kayak bass at 50cm - not a bad way to open the account !

Chris then followed it up with another 50cm fish when he joined us for lunch

Spinner baits where definatley the go to lure once the surface bit tapered off !

The average size & quality of the fish has been fantastic with the majority all being in the mid-40's +

So many Bass - So little time - Scotto

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Blog Entries

Great fish Scotto , thanks for the read .

Nice fish there. Looks a great system too. Can I ask which river it is?

Cheers,

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

nice one mate , great report .

Must be somthing about the last name Mitchell that helps to catch fish , your not related to Johny are you ?

Thats the Mary River Pete

So many Bass - Scotto

Some really nice bass caught there. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

some great bass there scott they look very fat and healthy