Thread: Family holiday at Agnes

Family holiday at Agnes

Hi

Spent a lovely week and a bit in Agnes Water with the family. Surfing, fishing, kayaking, whale watching, lounging around with a book and a day trip to Lady Musgrave.

Headed up to Bustard Head on one occasion. Managed toc onvert some jelly beans into 2 Spaniards, with another pulling the hooks boatside, and another failing to connect. Also battled with a big shark until losing patience and locking up the TLD.

As usual, also lost a bit of gear on the wreck from hooking unstopables on big livies. Did manage to put a decent offshore grunter in the eski, along with a grassie.

All in all a top break, in a top part of the country. Can’t wait to get back there, and to spend some more time at Lady Musgrave.

Cheers.

Jono.

ps - Phill, for the record, the petrol Prado used about 20 litres per 100km towing the 5.45 Mustang (prob around 1.5t loaded).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bustard Spaniard.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	84945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dinner.jpg 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	84946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snorkelling at LMI.jpg 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	84947

Re: Family holiday at Agnes

Nice work Jono. Did you spin up the Jelly beans up there. I didn't come across any when I was up there. Top spot isn't it. Next year sneak an extra week and be there for the M&G
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Nice work Jono. Did you spin up the Jelly beans up there.
    Sure did, within a km of the rock, which was lucky... I remember a couple of years ago having a similar desire for some tuna tubes to keep jelly beans alive. Oh well, I was lucky they played the game this time. I was also lucky I had some big stinger rigs ready to go, courtesy of some hard learned lessons last summer/autumn.

cheers.

Jono.

Nice one Jono, must be gr8 to hear that drag screaming. Here's that pic of that jelly bean that didn't convert.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtu.jpg 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	84948  

Good work Jono,

Those pics tell the story, hey ?

Looks like a top day at Musgrave as well.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Geez, those Mackerel fillets are making me hungry !!
    Got a nice white chilled down ready to accompany it !!!

Jono,
    Sounds like a great trip in a great place and I love the shot of the little jelly bean " that didn't make it" beside his nemesis.
    If you are interested my 200 series diesel cruiser uses 20l per 100km to tow my boat which was probably siting at about 2.5t and with the Bimini still up not folded down. Maccas diesel prado tows the same boat more economically.
    Ed

Hi Jonno,

Looks like another great holiday in a beautifil part of QLD. Just curious as to what fish you refer to as Jelly Beans.

Cheers Gazza

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.Boyne View Post
    Hi Jonno,

Looks like another great holiday in a beautifil part of QLD. Just curious as to what fish you refer to as Jelly Beans.

Cheers Gazza
    Small Tuna. Big Macs scoff them like Jelly Beans
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.Boyne View Post
    Hi Jonno,

Cheers Gazza
    like Horse said - tuna such as mac tuna or frigate mackerel. There's actually half a jelly bean (mac tuna) in the first photo! As far a size goes, I have heard people say there's no such thing as too big a jelly bean!

cheers.

Jono.