Thread: charron point?

charron point?

heading up to charron point camping for a few days crabbing and fishing .first time there just wondering any advice on what to expect and look out for besides the big lizzards and tides. mainly chasing estuary fish any help appreciated cheers benji

Re: charron point?

hi benji64, just moved to St Lawrence and haven't fished or crabbed the area as yet. I have seen some of the crabs caught around the area and are bigger than anything I've seen! i have also been told a fair bit of "share farming' happens, so keep an eye on your pots!!!!
    There is also a big green zone that starts at Charron point and heads north and east.
    Best of luck and hope you do well

cheers bruce was aware of the green zone ,have fished stanage quite a bit and thought this might be another adventure to set out on. certainly the land of the big crabs. hopeing to gt among the jacks and barra as well.

live bait holes at low tide and use mullet minimum 8 inches long for barra and use as little weght as possible and enjoy

HI Thinking of doing an extended trip up through that way next year finishing up at round CAPE PALMERSTON for a while Let us know how you get on CHEERS

fuglee cape palmerston is most definately my favourite place, excellent fishing, camping and crabbing and if you get a couple of Queenies around the rocky headlands you can use the frames to bring up the big gropers that live at the cape creek camp beach, if its blowing your protected from the winds if it's calm weather you've got plenty of islands in close that fish well got plenty of places to roam and around no matter what the weather and also one of the best fishing spots at hide tide is right there at the camp it is a little piece of paradise and i go there quite often and never left without a good feed touch wood.

Cheers Leon