Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I bought this $380 USD reel on ebay and got seriously stoned

Re: I bought this $380 USD reel on ebay and got seriously stoned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Go to your credit card company, they only need the police report number. Had the wifes cards stolen a few years back, they ripped us off to the tune of $3500. Filed police report and got all my money back. They actually caught the scum too.
    TRA - yes I got back to bank they will chase it and refund it (no charge - takes 90 days). I am going to await a reply from PayPal and if they insist on me getting the $76.50 Citec report then I will advise them the bank will persue it from them for me and go that way.

Zippidy - thanks for looking mate.
    Cheers

Trev

Oh Well so much for PayPal:-

PayPal,

Please know we have done everything possible to supply you with information:-

- We have sent you photographs of the delivered item and envelope with delivery reference number on it as attached by seller and the content being one small pebble.

- We have filed a complaint of fraud against the seller (qing li ma) with Queensland Police and supplied you with Occurrence Number QP120103XXXX.

- We have given you names, times, phone numbers of all the people we have dealt with should you need to verify anything above.

- We are prepared to give you a statutory declaration stating the above and documents provided to police.

Yet you have insisted upon a document from Citec which they say will take up to 28 days to arrive and you have given us 10 days in which to do this and no extension to this.

We have now raised a dispute with our bank that this is a fraudulent transaction and they will recover the money.

Do not pass the funds onto qing li ma as it is a fraudulent sale.

PayPal have failed miserably in their duty in this instance.

Regards
    Cheers

Trev

Hi,

I sent a letter and hi-res pics of envelope to PayPal and explained that:-

· I had ebay withdraw two other sales as fraudulent that were listed exact same but listed different seller so this dude is fraudulent. Also ebay notified me Sunday 5.09pm where they processed the payment 5.03pm so they would have known it was fraudulent at the time and should not have processed it.

· The photographs clearly show tracking number, postage dates on Chinese stamps etc and are a small envelope that cannot be forged hence I was sent a small stone in a small envelope.

· I would send to them the envelope to inspect if they wished.

· Detective senior constable Robert H at local police station wants to talk with them about my case.

· No matter whether or not they close the case I will pursue the fraudulently taken money from me.

· If they waste any more of my time I will use public forum, newspaper media friends and approach TV media as this is becoming a newsworthy story.

I finally got my money back J

Lesson learnt!

Cheers
    Trevor
    Cheers

Trev

Lol Guess it pays to go for sellers that have some credibility!

Good to know at least you got your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Lol Guess it pays to go for sellers that have some credibility!

Good to know at least you got your money back.
    Yes at the expense of my pride and dignity I shared this little episode

Must have had a fried brain when I bid on it

Least that's my excuse - what's your excuse JT

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    bid this morning

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:
    However, eBay has had to remove the listing. All bids or offers have beencancelled. Also, we recommend that you consider carefully whether to completethis transaction.
    *Important*
    We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if youhave already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to actquickly to get your money back.
    - If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in PayPalBuyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Resolution Centre in My eBay andclick on I haven't received it yet or I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

got this back this afternoon
    JT
    Yes for sure next option is four times the price so will definitely be from a bigger better seller - infact the two mentioned by others I have been in contact with and now just awaiting the model i want to be listed then it's time to stir up SWMBO with a combination birthday Christmas present (too expensive for only one - but wait hang on - I am worth it)

Well maybe I saved one other from similar fate with this story so it was not just a major pain but of some entertainment and benefit and the only real cost my time (and pride and as much of a nuisance as it was the trivial distraction probably did me no harm either.
    Cheers

Trev

are you sure you have not run over a chinamen lately lol
    hope your luck turns around soon

Quote Originally Posted by propdinger View Post
    are you sure you have not run over a chinamen lately lol
    hope your luck turns around soon
    No I haven't but if this keeps up I will

Just kidding - but it's getting tempting.

Reckon time is ripe not to try my luck there anymore.

Yeah - time for a change of luck too would be great - starting next week with little chappies scans

But yeah you gotta laugh at all this pain in the A, non-life threatening stuff happening - but hey, what the heck!
    Cheers

Trev

hope your son gets the best outcome possible mate.

good to see you got it sorted trev. btw did i mention i have a bridge for sale?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    good to see you got it sorted trev. btw did i mention i have a bridge for sale?
    The Bridge - Is it made from buddha carved pebbles - I've got a real fetish for them!!
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    The Bridge - Is it made from buddha carved pebbles - I've got a real fetish for them!!
    I can do cheaper than dave, only $20 postage too.

I buy bridges Dave. Can you post it mate? I brought a jetty the other day, I could swap you that for a bridge.

only if it comes with parking spaces...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Yes at the expense of my pride and dignity I shared this little episode

Must have had a fried brain when I bid on it

Yes for sure next option is four times the price so will definitely be from a bigger better seller - infact the two mentioned by others I have been in contact with and now just awaiting the model i want to be listed then it's time to stir up SWMBO with a combination birthday Christmas present (too expensive for only one - but wait hang on - I am worth it)

Well maybe I saved one other from similar fate with this story so it was not just a major pain but of some entertainment and benefit and the only real cost my time (and pride and as much of a nuisance as it was the trivial distraction probably did me no harm either.

I only done it for a laugh where it was 1.99 or whateve's lolwasn t
    I read your plight mate and like u said i gone email by ebay saying they were taking them off the list
    JT thumbs up mate
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)