Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I bought this $380 USD reel on ebay and got seriously stoned

Re: I bought this $380 USD reel on ebay and got seriously stoned

Okay just got off the phone after talking with NAB and yep - I have to go to the police station and do what PayPal are after . . . . . so much for having over one hundred faultless transactions with PayPal and so much for even sending them the picture to show what was received!

Teach me a lesson

Mongrels - all of them !!! (end of silly rant

I think the reality is I need to just finish putting my boat boat back together and just get out fishing again
    Cheers

Trev

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Paypal are probably doing this to teach people not to take unnecessary risks on ebay. It would obviously be a headache for them too. Ebay (and no doubt paypal) already know about this dodgy seller and there must be other victims.

I'd say the dodgy seller is probably using fraudulent paypal details then grabbing the cash and running before the buyer knows the trick. Paypal arent going to wear a loss that easily. Good luck with it

Ebay and Paypal are the same company.. thus ebay listed the item and you paid through their own payment system.

You got stoned but at least they have not said no to the refund, they just want a police report. Fair call.

Do the report and shoot it off.

Best of luck
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Quote Originally Posted by fat-buoy View Post
    Ebay and Paypal are the same company.. thus ebay listed the item and you paid through their own payment system.

You got stoned but at least they have not said no to the refund, they just want a police report. Fair call.

Do the report and shoot it off.

Best of luck
    I understand they are legally covering themselves in relation to refund and not sending the money to the seller.

What surprises me is if they are the same company then they would know that the same person is fraudulently listing numerous items and that is why they (ebay) are withdrawing their listing and warning the buyer to recover their money - bazzaar.

Also it seems really weird that ebay chased me for four days to pay for the item and then five minutes after I paid with PayPal I get the warning not to buy it - it seemed too much a coincidence - it looked just like the purchase triggered the warning - which is obviously too late - that peeved me.

Can't say i made it too hard for PayPal by putting in a "dispute" and "claim" within one hour of paying - but if ebay and PayPal are the same company then by all accounts they should not have accepted the payment, as I struggle to believe they knew 5 minutes after I made the purchase late Sunday afternoon.

Yes I will do the report and get it to them next week and then see how much they keep for their trouble and learn from this - hopefully all you reading this will learn at my expense too
    Cheers

Trev

bid this morning
    Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

110964106918 - NEW Daiwa Tanacom Bull TB 1000 Electric Power Assist REEL

However, eBay has had to remove the listing. All bids or offers have beencancelled. Also, we recommend that you consider carefully whether to completethis transaction.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss thedetails of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
    We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if youhave already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to actquickly to get your money back.

- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by cheque or bank deposit.

- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in PayPalBuyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Resolution Centre in My eBay andclick on I haven't received it yet or I received an item that does not matchthe seller's description.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

got this back this afternoon
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Thanks for posting that Yalta - i did put to ebay "fraudulent offer" alert/notification on Sunday late morning - so I suspect they removed the listing once that was posted - I think it still had some way to run before completed so you haven't paid anything out JT - is that correct?

They have some pretty ordinary vetting in their system that keeps allowing exact same listings to be reposted under different names time and again.

As for me I am off to police station this afternoon to file statement as required by Paypal to try and get the money back.
    Cheers

Trev

i think it's just gods way of saying:"wind in your own fish ya lazy bastard".
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    i think it's just gods way of saying:"wind in your own fish ya lazy bastard".

Yes Netmaker you are 100% correct when and where possible.

I am thinking the 400m plus depth and till recently i was feeling yes I can do that - even geared up for it - but last month passed a stone and got an inflamed liver so now grounded till Christmas for offshore stuff and looking at an operation in the next few weeks - so i have gone from feeling bomb-proof to now just a bit vulnerable and not interested in winding 6kg of lead up from 400m plus depth - but still want to have a go at this deep stuff on calm days - determined to put some deepsea ooglies in my freezer

Beyond that it was put to me by a forumite that it is a good way to get a big fish for a small human - so I am also looking to use it for kingies when they are about for my 7yo son to get him hooked on fishing - as yet he is not interested but I am determined to get him to have some fun and see how we go and I don't want to harness him up and lose him over the side

Yes I hear you say - just take the lad whiting fishing in the shallows for summer whiting - and that is most likely the only outings we will do and I will look forward to that even if it does just end up with us getting an icecream at the shops as the last outing did at Tangalooma but no fish and no interest in fishing - anyone know a good whiting spot that doesn't become a parking lot Bribie maybe?
    Cheers

Trev

a few things trev: firstly, as your stone is in the passed, dont dwell on it and look to the future. the liver, well thats a bit more of a problem (especially if you aren't allowed to use it till christmas), but not insurmountable, as every 10 minutes or so you can put the rod back in the holder and have a drink of water. and lastly, i dont think that getting a machine to do all the work will have the desired effect on the young fella. playing the fish is the best part of fishing and standing by watching is akin to watching someone else catch fish. better off teaching him with flatties and plastics and let him catch his own big fish.
    cheers
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Yes hear what you are saying Dave and want to get the young bloke onto some summer smaller stuff - preferably in not crowded places. I haven't had any luck before in Pumicstone south end. North end is dirty. Maybe just a super calm day then across to shallows near the Tanga wrecks and burley up some whiting, bream etc then icecream again at their shop then home. The GC has the broadwater for flathead nothing similar northside

The stone went but I had another episode a few weeks later and then scans and heaps of blood tests to show there are more than 8 stones remaining in gallbladder to follow the first one, I think they are lining up the give the liver some more grief. I have seen a surgeon and an operation will happen. In the meantime feeling very average in tummy but getting by with careful diet and lots of water etc. This suddenly feeling old is BS!
    Cheers

Trev

Yeah no i never paid anything out i was only bidding all good mate good luck to you.
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

So El and I went to police station yesterday and put in a statement as the offence is "fraud" and we were given an "occurence number" which becomes a reference.

So as PayPal are after the statement from the police on official paper with stamps etc we have to get this from a company called "Citec" who keep the crime records.

To get a copy simply fill in the form which requires copy of drivers licence and passport and two other IDs with signatures then pay the $76.50 fee and wait from one week to one month for the statement.

Of course PayPal want all this within a few days - so this is where we are at now.

So guys and gals if you are being ripped off anything less than $100 it would seem a trip to police plus this $76.50 fee plus all the BS just aint worth it - an easy ride for a scammer on smaller amounts it seems unless you have them in OZ and want to hunt them down as OS is not likely to get them IMO.

I do fail to see why PayPal can not consider the obvious as they have a picture of the package with the stone - please tell me how an electric reel will fit in there? Happy to send it to them if they don't believe the photo.

I am struggling to believe Pay Pal are there to protect the purchase as costs and hassle mounts - definitely on smaller amounts if this is what they require then they are a complete waste of time!
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    So El and I went to police station yesterday and put in a statement as the offence is "fraud" and we were given an "occurence number" which becomes a reference.

So as PayPal are after the statement from the police on official paper with stamps etc we have to get this from a company called "Citec" who keep the crime records.

To get a copy simply fill in the form which requires copy of drivers licence and passport and two other IDs with signatures then pay the $76.50 fee and wait from one week to one month for the statement.

Of course PayPal want all this within a few days - so this is where we are at now.

So guys and gals if you are being ripped off anything less than $100 it would seem a trip to police plus this $76.50 fee plus all the BS just aint worth it - an easy ride for a scammer on smaller amounts it seems unless you have them in OZ and want to hunt them down as OS is not likely to get them IMO.

I do fail to see why PayPal can not consider the obvious as they have a picture of the package with the stone - please tell me how an electric reel will fit in there? Happy to send it to them if they don't believe the photo.

I am struggling to believe Pay Pal are there to protect the purchase as costs and hassle mounts - definitely on smaller amounts if this is what they require then they are a complete waste of time!
    Go to your credit card company, they only need the police report number. Had the wifes cards stolen a few years back, they ripped us off to the tune of $3500. Filed police report and got all my money back. They actually caught the scum too.

If you want to PM all the details then I can see if I can get it from Citec. I'm registered on there for Police Reports but might not be able to get Crime ones.