Thread: know nothing but got me a boat

know nothing but got me a boat

gday wise peoples

been reading for a fair while on this site about hulls and motors and all the ins and outs of most things , "thats alot of reading ", being new to this sport other then a small river tinny , im pretty green , but went ahead and got myself a "yalta craft 189 ODESSA"

took her out for a spin the other day ," noosa harbour plenty of people first launch no pressure!!" and was pretty happy with the purchase , rides nice enough power looks good IMO , nice and roomy, good storage plus a nice cabin , i read a few customer reviews on these Yaltas and most were very happy as am I

specs

5.2 mt
    150 under floor tank
    115 yammy 2 stroke
    lowrence colour plotter ,gps
    lowrence finder
    rocket launchers
    bait board
    duel battery
    much more to come

im on the sunshine coast and look forward to being a part of this community maybe meeting and greeting and learning more from the salty sea dogs of AUSFISH...a great wealth of knowledge here thats forshore ,

a few pics of my yet to be named Yalta
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: know nothing but got me a boat

Welcome aboard Donk.
    Nice looking boat you have there, hope you christen it and keep it bathed in fish scales and stuff.
    Jack.

Looks nice Donk. It's a boat with a great rep... You should have a lot of fun in it.

One thing I noticed.... if it was me I would be relocating the white all round light... Perhaps to the Bimini top? I think as it stands it will be in a bad spot for night vision.

You may have seen this thread but in case you haven't.... Here's some things to avoid...

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showpost.php?p=1374465

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Looks nice Donk. It's a boat with a great rep... You should have a lot of fun in it.

One thing I noticed.... if it was me I would be relocating the white all round light... Perhaps to the Bimini top? I think as it stands it will be in a bad spot for night vision.

You may have seen this thread but in case you haven't.... Here's some things to avoid...

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showpost.php?p=1374465
    yeah walrus , the light annoys me in that spot now and i havn't even driven at night ! i did catch that thread a while back , so i thought id launch the boat without the bungs in first time to be defiant "idiot" oh well live and learn , never again

And the all round light is not legal where it is unless you lengthen the pole so the light is above the bimini. Have a look at Boatboy50 's picture of his done up rig that was on here in the last few days.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Welcome aboard Donk.

Nice looking boat you have there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

thx for the info CHIMO , knowing that its no legal where it sits, gives me even more reason to move it up top .

Cheers

Red face Re: know nothing but got me a boat

Hi Donk, nice rig mate.my first boat was a 29 ft stern drive petrol with crappy cable steering and very shallow deadrise and very high sided, absolute nightmare to manouvre in more than a light breeze. What was I thinking

mines was enough to handle in the high wind on the ramp , i couldn't imagine something as big as that patfink , that would scare me ..haha .

ive decided on a name for her and it's going to be called "mullet gut " not sure there would be to many mullet guts floating round out there , so going with that , should get a few laughs id recon !

hey donk and welcome to ausfish.

Thats a cracker of a first boat how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking

PM sent brock