Thread: spearing new grounds (ball bay - seaforth?)

spearing new grounds (ball bay - seaforth?)

ive been in mackay for over 6mnths now, i was fishing at ball bay the last couple of weeks and want to know if anyone has been spearfishing at ball bay or seaforth?
    the grounds there at ball bay have alot of ledges, caves, rock holes looks real good.
    anyone been there or have mates that spear or fish there?
    thanks
    Screaming drag is my drug

Re: spearing new grounds (ball bay - seaforth?)

Conco46,

Mate i go spearing off Seaforth regularly. Water clarity is the biggest issue coming into Summer withh all the run off, however have got a few Blueys and Jacks out around outer and inner Newry as well as fish reef and rabbit island northern end. Be careful but as i have been warned of the odd croc poking around. Around Mackay harbour, Slade rock and round and flat top islands arent too bad either mate.

Re: spearing new grounds (ball bay - seaforth?)

Quote Originally Posted by Herby13 View Post
    Conco46,

Mate i go spearing off Seaforth regularly. Water clarity is the biggest issue coming into Summer withh all the run off, however have got a few Blueys and Jacks out around outer and inner Newry as well as fish reef and rabbit island northern end. Be careful but as i have been warned of the odd croc poking around. Around Mackay harbour, Slade rock and round and flat top islands arent too bad either mate.
    yeah thats one reason i havnt been out spearing yet, the odd croc it only takes 1 hey, im not to worried about sharks but im not used to this croc crap, got here in march and only been fishing so far, taking me a bit to learn the place.
    the water a high tide at ball bay was clear as, but we havnt had rain for 50-60 days until today,
    cheers mate
    Screaming drag is my drug