Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lowrance HDS Gen2 Touch Screen

Re: Lowrance HDS Gen2 Touch Screen

Does the 50/200 have all the down and side imaging? ? Plus I want to have the outboard stats in there aswell.dont want the hub. Its insane looking u it and a must have for me boats..

Quote Originally Posted by NFBS Fishing View Post
    Does the 50/200 have all the down and side imaging? ? Plus I want to have the outboard stats in there aswell.dont want the hub. Its insane looking u it and a must have for me boats..
    I'm pretty sure you have to run a separate transducer for the structure scan, off the top of my head it was around $300 or so? So you'd be running the 50/200 and the LSS transducer. Not really sure on getting the outboard stats but I'm sure someone here will know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah you do need both transducers
    IFISHCQ2

Ausfish Platinum Member

I've skipped over half the pages here, if I've missed a response to my question then I apologise in advance.
    Can someone tell me if there is a repairer for a Gen 1 HDS 10 in the Mackay area. It has displayed "No Signal" when trying to put up structure scan since it was 6 months old, worked fine before this though. I've gone back to where I bought it from but they haven't been able to help, I've had differing advice on what to try, hence the warranty period run out.
    My first annoyance with this is I knew nothing about the Gen 2 coming out, and it was on the shelf 3 weeks after I purchased the Gen 1, with map cards and structure scan, maybe I wouldn't have had problems with the Gen 2, but the Gen 1 has been nothing but a waste of $3k.
    My next option is to buy a whole new set up, but it won't be a Lowrance that's for sure. I'd love to fix this, we do a lot of travelling fishing and this was the reason we looked at this bloody thing in the first place.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm at the stage that if we gotta travel somewhere to get it looked at then that may be an option too, but thinking it would be more economical to go to a different brand.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Corry, the first thing to ask, that you have probably already considered, is whether your Gen 1 is updated with the latest software version, as I am aware that they addressed some if the kinds of issue that you are describing in a software update.

If you have not done that, it would be the first thing to do.

I just saw this thread and have posted a question on the other thread asking what the problem is, so ignore that one.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Platinum Member

Oops, I just replied to the other thread, anyway, no it didn't have the software update, so I did that... still nothing with the S/Scan.
    I think I'm up for a new unit, pity, overall, this one has probably only done about 5 weeks work.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

I would be trying a new network cable....they don't like sharp bends/movement ...I have replaced a couple on mine when the head unit loses contact with the structure scan...
    just remember you have the structure scan unit itself...make sure it is turning on/lights up and the light for the network is working ...
    Also don't do what I did...you wont get a signal from the structure scan if it isn't in the water... well the tranny anyway....at home trying to figure out why it isn't working lol

Ausfish Platinum Member

Yeah, I've put a new network cable, no joy there. Didn't know about it having to be in the water though.
    Being an LSS1, it doesn't have lights on it to show if on or not, this is where help stopped from Lowrance.
    I think I'm fighting a losing battle with this thing.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry