Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance HDS Gen2 Touch Screen

Greg depends if you want Structure scan or not ? Shoot me a pm with your number and I will give you a call and we can wet a line so you can see for yourself mate.
    I looked at new Hds9 touch but it has less resolution than my current Hds10.
    I can see stingray holes with SS on the 10 and I'm sure if you slowed a little possibly flathead To be honest over 20m and they are done mate unless your chasing bait.
    The Hds8 has the same resolution as the 10 and Bias have a cracker deal at the moment with the lss2 kit
    Dick

Re: Lowrance HDS Gen2 Touch Screen

Does anyone know when the HDS12 touch screen units will be available in Aus?

Hi Lee,
    Im still hanging to get mine was supposed to be mid December?? has anyone else heard the same thing???
    Snapper1666

Snapper1666, apparently they're not out until early January according to this link,

http://www.chsmith.com.au/Products/L...uch-Combo.html

Quote Originally Posted by cala90 View Post
    Snapper1666, apparently they're not out until early January according to this link,

Thanks for that, I'm waiting for one as well
    At least I can stop holding my breath......

G
    S***fish & chippy

Thanks cala90,
    I will check it out,thanks for the link,cheers

Hi guys got a call today to say my HDS 12 touch was being sent today, so they have landed here in oz,cheers Scott.

Received my HDS 12 today,spent the whole day installing it with the transducers,Tomorrow I will try and set it up,transducer settings etc,any tips for initial set up would be great,Thanks Scott.

installed my hds7 touch yesterday with new xducer.. got it linked to my hds5 gen2 with ethernet.. am running plotter on the hds5. Sounder and structure scan on the hds7 touch. so far so good.. will do water test tomorrow.

Where is the cheapest place to buy a hds 9?? and which is the best tranducer for offshore fishing? Me gots to get one they look like the business

Quote Originally Posted by NFBS Fishing View Post
    Where is the cheapest place to buy a hds 9?? and which is the best tranducer for offshore fishing? Me gots to get one they look like the business
    CH Smith is usually the cheapest place.

Go the 50/200 transducer for offshore (deep water).

Cheers

Or try Northside Marine in Brisbane, they will delover to you!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

many places will be the same price. try your local shop for a price match.

Some screenshots of my recently installed HDS gen 2 touch. Quite happy with it although it has done a few strange things. it wont read anything in really shallow dirty water and often doesn't pick bottom at speed. Quite hard to see in glary conditions. Other than that very impressed with it. Getting some nice definition and arches. Still trying to work it all out. Not too sure of the best frequencies for certain depths and conditions but overall find very intuitive to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images