Thread: Yeppoon holidays

Red face Yeppoon holidays

Well much to the disbelief of xtremeboony we packed up the family and went camping in yeppoon for 10 days. We spent a day tripping around great keppell and then the wind set in. Finally yesterday the weather was right and away I went armed with some marks from boony and gtpython. No luck buy saw lots of whales. Today out early again to a spot recommended by JT and success. Trolling a halco and a barra master f18 it wasn't long before we had a double hookup. I landed a 68cm spotted mac and my wife landed a 76 Spanish. Good fun was had and dinner is going to taste great.
    Photos are on my wife's phone and will post when I have them.
    Thanks to JT and boony for all the tips and marks. The islands up here are beautiful and worth checking out.
    Cheers
    Ozy

Re: Yeppoon holidays

I'll be in Rocky from Monday for a while.... might have to " visit " JT & Boony.

I'm not towing the boat up.....

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

No worries mate pity the fish arn't playing the game lately
    LOL Phil Boony and i both go back to work monday for a week buddy
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

So make sure u here when we finish next Tuesday for a few beers phill and BBQ or something....
    And Ozynaut I gave those marks to JT where u got your fish so no worries

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

If the job goes to plan, I'll be there 7 - 10 days.... if the weather plays the game, I'll be there longer

LP

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoony View Post
    So make sure u here when we finish next Tuesday for a few beers phill and BBQ or something....
    And Ozynaut I gave those marks to JT where u got your fish so no worries

Cheers from boony
    U are an Idiot

I'll have to show u where to fish Boony will still have his wifes panties on
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Whats ya doing here Phil
    VHF CHANNEL 21

PM'd ya

secret squirell info.............

( spelling sucks.. note above )

LP

I might try sort a few things so I can up and have a fish as well.

Cheers Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post
    I might try sort a few things so I can up and have a fish as well.

Cheers Brett
    That'd be right ...... slightest sniff of Ausfishers meeting up and Bull 1 is in!
    Jim

Poor Bull has been working flat out 1 hour across the bay and hasn't been able to get up here for a fish .
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Poor Bull has been working flat out 1 hour across the bay and hasn't been able to get up here for a fish .
    JT
    At least Mum let me go the the M&G

I'm hearing ya buddy . I was sticking up for ya thou
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

My wife and I missed out on having a 2 week holiday up there a fortnight ago, towed the boat up there, put it in the water, motored over to the marina for the night, motored over to the fuel dock in the morning to fuel up and the motor died 50m from the dock, had to be towed back over to the marina and waited for 2 days till the Merc mechanic came out and pronounced it unfixable for at least 4-6 weeks, power control Module was the most likely suspect and so next day another tow back to the public ramp, back on the trailer and off home again.
    I find out tomorrow if that was the problem, my local mechanic is getting a spare module to try out to confirm it.

Not happy, we had been planning a trip up north for over 18months. Sounds like it would have been fun if we had managed to get out the harbour. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    My wife and I missed out on having a 2 week holiday up there a fortnight ago, towed the boat up there, put it in the water, motored over to the marina for the night, motored over to the fuel dock in the morning to fuel up and the motor died 50m from the dock, had to be towed back over to the marina and waited for 2 days till the Merc mechanic came out and pronounced it unfixable for at least 4-6 weeks, power control Module was the most likely suspect and so next day another tow back to the public ramp, back on the trailer and off home again.
    I find out tomorrow if that was the problem, my local mechanic is getting a spare module to try out to confirm it.

Not happy, we had been planning a trip up north for over 18months. Sounds like it would have been fun if we had managed to get out the harbour. Maybe next year.
    man that sucks big time, at least I got two weeks in fishing up there before I wrecked the Gearbox on my boat

cheers Murf