Thread: Whats the story?

Re: Whats the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    some Turk will probably get on and post that it is gibberish also
    it is gibberish.

Max The Turk

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com....ictim-to-seas/

A DETERMINED skipper unwilling to abandon ship was eventually forced to watch as seas battered his boat into submission off Fraser Island.

Mechanical failure is expected to be blamed for the boat's bitter end and its operator calling for assistance from island police.

The captain, believed to be from outside the region, first alerted authorities he was in trouble and requiring assistance on Monday morning.

Tin Can Bay and Sandy Strait Coast Guard volunteers attended the boat, which was stranded about 200m from shore, and close to where the Maheno famously beached in 1935.

Hervey Bay Water Police Sergeant Paul Bacon said the stricken ship was dangerously positioned and unable to be towed clear by rescuers.

He said the position of the boat - among breaking waves - forced its operator to drop anchor in an attempt to combat swells.

But the move ultimately proved hopeless with the vessel breaking into pieces as holiday-makers watched on.

"He was advised that if his situation deteriorated during the night to activate emergency signals - EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon) or flares - which he did so just before 1am this morning," Sgt Bacon said.

"Essentially the vessel anchor has given way and the vessel has washed ashore where (the skipper) was assisted by Fraser Island Police."

There is always one that ruins a good story with the truth.
    We're fishermen everything's a lie.

Wow - you got all of this from beatsworkin2 thread, you are an absolute genius, I will stick to fishing.

Finaly the truth emerges. I knew it would one day, but had a good laugh at some of the replies. Thanks to all.

G

PS. I did try it Finga, But I think it was flooded...

We drove past that morning and it was fairly heart breaking watching some poor sod walking along the beach trying to salvage some of his worldly possessions.