Thread: The next Boaties Market.... Nov 2012

The next Boaties Market.... Nov 2012

Does anybody know the date of the next Boaties Market?

I was given a flier at the last one stating when the next one would be held, but it's been stolen.

I've got a feeling that it was a Sunday in October, and I don't want to commit to another function until I know the correct date of the Boaties Market.

Many thanks,

TOL

( inserted by me )

Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point Boaties Market
    Sunday 4 November 2012, 5 am to 12 noon
    Held at Victoria Point State School, Colburn Avenue
    Buy or sell anything to do with boating, fishing or camping
    Site fees $10.00, buyers entry by donation
    Enquiries ring VMR base on 32078717 on any weekend or look at our website - www.vmr.org.au
    If in doubt about cancellation eg. Inclement weather please phone the base on 32078717 the day before.

Once again we wish to thank you for all your support past and present.

Warm Regards,

Peter Callander
    Assistant Fundraising Officer
    VMR Victoria Point.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 30-09-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Re: The next Boaties Market...........

Sunday 4 November 2012, 5 am to 12 noon

http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf...?topic=15117.0

Thanks for that AA, things will work out well.

TOL

Nothing would be allowed to get between TOL and a boaties market. Still need a few rig's TOL with the planned upgrade to Stella's?

Might have to get something JJ.

Gave the daughter 5 rods and 7 reels when she left for Mt Isa on Friday. She's got Karumba on her mind.

The rods ranged from 2-4 up to 6-8 and the reels went from 2500 size up to 6000. Had to give her 2 piece rods so they'd fit in the back of the Triton.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post

Gave the daughter 5 rods and 7 reels when she left for Mt Isa on Friday. She's got Karumba on her mind.

The rods ranged from 2-4 up to 6-8 and the reels went from 2500 size up to 6000. Had to give her 2 piece rods so they'd fit in the back of the Triton.

TOL
    Wow, now that is called spoiling the kids...

TOL
    That settles it then, let's get these adoption papers ready.......... Dad.

TOL
    so that will only leave 30 rods and 28 reels in the shed now? If you happen to run short I am sure a quick run up the road to tangles' place will solve any issues.

Re: The next Boaties Market.... Nov 2012

They were nearly all 2nd hand, except for 2 rods and 1 reel. I forgot to write the line b/s on some of the reels though, so I'll have to tell her what they are. Nothing too exotic, I think Shimano Sienna 2500 and 4000, Shimano Aernos 6000, an Abu something, a Daiwa and other stuff I'll never use. No Alveys though, she wasn't getting any of them.

I think she got 3 sp rods and 2 fibre glass rods, which were an Ugly Stik and a Silstar.

I've tried to find out what fish she might encounter up there, but I'm not having much luck.

Last night there was a Penn 9/0 overhead and a Daiwa 900 overhead on ebay. If I got one of them, I could try it out in the canal behind Pinhead's place on those big bream.

TOL