Thread: platypus super 100

platypus super 100

From the limited research I have done, this looks like the best line diameter to rated breaking strain ratio mono that is readily available in Aus.
    Has anyone used it and if so what is your opinion, please, regarding durability etc.
    Would normally use braid, but mono is essential in the application I am thinking about.

Re: platypus super 100

I use it all the time and love it. I feel that I can use a higher breaking strain than otherwise because of its thinness.

As a bait fisho, I fish by feel and in that regard, the thin Super 100 gives me the best tactile experience when a fish is lightly nibbling.

I have tried other brands, of course, and all fishing line abrades on the reefs where I do a lot of my fishing, but the Super 100 has a noticeably tougher abrasion resistance to other brands that I have used.

I gave away using braid several years ago so I cannot make any sensible comparisons with braid.

BTW, the cost of fishing line is just about the cheapest cost incurred in your fishing hobby. You will probably spend more on petrol in your boat on a day's outing than what you will spend on good mono so you might as well go for the best. In that regard the Super 100 mono is pretty good in my view even though it is a little more expensive than other brands.

I use it too and love it.

I don't think you would be disappointed if you was to use it.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Good quality locally made line ...... certainly durable without being as stiff as say Schnieder Klear.
    If you must use mono it's pretty good
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yep, my go to line, I also use it as my leader when lure fishing as well, nearly half the diameter of similar rated fluorocarbon.

As per all of the above.

Platypus Platinum is pretty good too, and this stuff is approx 10% thinner than the Platinum. As Charleville said, its thin diameter compared to other brands allows you to step up a notch in the breaking strain.

TOL

TOL

I dont like the Super 100, a while back I spooled up a baitrunner 4500 with 20lb from memory, used it once and took it off again, much prefer the Platinum or Schneider
    Tangles KFC

I have put it on a couple of alveys. it seems to be working fine. No real test yet though
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    TOL

I dont like the Super 100, a while back I spooled up a baitrunner 4500 with 20lb from memory, used it once and took it off again, much prefer the Platinum or Schneider

Why? What was the defect that you did not like?