Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Upgrade options. IT guys ?

Re: Upgrade options. IT guys ?

Have you thought about taking back to where you purchased the computer because it may also be a fault with windows.
    You could put cotton balls in your mouth and have a quite word with the salesman after he declines to fix it you could then leave a horses head in his bed.
    Say what you will but it gets shit done.
    But seriously I would take it back and get them to fix the issue windows is having before your warranty is out and who knows what else is playing up.

Telstra is a joke in Brisbane now. Remember the whole vodafail thing, well now everyone has migrated to telstra and they dont have the capacity. I just logged a complain with the ombudsman because telstra would not cancel our contracts on the unusable 3g modems. Been complaining for over 12 months now with no result, finally pulled the pin. Dont see why I should have to pay for something I cant use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Telstra is a joke in Brisbane now. Remember the whole vodafail thing, well now everyone has migrated to telstra and they dont have the capacity. I just logged a complain with the ombudsman because telstra would not cancel our contracts on the unusable 3g modems. Been complaining for over 12 months now with no result, finally pulled the pin. Dont see why I should have to pay for something I cant use.
    Australian phone companies as a whole is a joke.
    Optus isn't any better. And vodafail are at least trying to be better in the cities with their new 850 network they brought out, but too little too late for me.

aarrgghhhh

Got my 4G usb thing. *&^%$##@ hopeless.

Slower than a retarded dial up.

Checked usage............. only done 373KB but I am " slowed ".. ? why.. No idea.. have a 1GB plan.

Telstra Business Centre refused to assist, told me to got to where I bought the laptop, unfortunatley, I am in Rocky and bought machine in Logan.

JB HI fi in Rocky could not help.

I was able to load AF in 6 seconds,, facebook in 20 seconds,,,, it would NOT load any optus site at all, : unsecured site" etc messages...

I am calling telstra tomorrow to cancel plan.

Optus offering same $'s and 9GB more......

Dell puter working OK... el cheapo wireless mouse....... KRAP !!!!

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill do you have an iPhone?

I just got a call back from telstra yesterday. After complaining to the ombudsman telstra have decided to cancel our contracts and refund all money spend from November last year when I started complaining about the problem. That was for 4 USB modems.

Still, does not help, we still have no internet access for our business laptops. Currently we are tethering to the phone when we need to send email, but still have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    Phill do you have an iPhone?
    No, have a nokia E51 which I am extremely happy with.

I cancelled my telstra plan this morning, which I can say, the only time I have recieved " service " from Telstra, was when I rang this morning, answered in 30 seconds, no id required ????? plan cancelled, all over in 3 minutes.... Why can't they provide THAT service when you actually NEED them ?????

I'll get an Optus connection this arvo.

Currently buldging off free in-house connection from accom .

LP

Hey Phill.....have you noticed the idiotnet worked before 8am?
    I can near tell the time at Loganholme with the speed of the idiotnet. It slows considerably after 6am and once 8am is there there is no idiotnet.
    Friday arvo.....no idiotnet.....full-stop.

Thank goodness for the NBC.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Why don't you hotspot the e51 to your laptop and up the data usage for $15 a gig with Telstra 3G not 4g. Easy to do and can come around and show you.

no idea what a " hotspot " is......... ?

Gone completely away from Telstra, end of story.

Now, I need another issue sorted.

My Nokia E51 gives me an error " memory full, close some applications " Now, no idea what an app is on this phone. And even when I try to change the time ( as it is now set to daylight saving time ), the same error comes up.

Appartently, it is a fault with the phone and by saving data and re-setting phone ( punch in *#7370# ) it will fix the issue, well guess what... punched in *#7370# and it wants a " lock code ". ???????????????????? Where, how, who what ?????

I love technology............. NOT !

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

Gone completely away from Telstra, end of story.

Now, I need another issue sorted.

My Nokia E51 gives me an error " memory full, close some applications " Now, no idea what an app is on this phone. And even when I try to change the time ( as it is now set to daylight saving time ), the same error comes up.

Appartently, it is a fault with the phone and by saving data and re-setting phone ( punch in *#7370# ) it will fix the issue, well guess what... punched in *#7370# and it wants a " lock code ". ???????????????????? Where, how, who what ?????

LP

Regards
    Honda.

Thanks Chris.

Default done. ( Nokia )

Now I just need to get rid of icons etc on the screen. working on it.

cheers Phill

ps.... first lock code I tried was triple 0..........

Hot spot is running your laptop Internet from your phone.
    I pay $15 a gig of my phone instead of $45 a gig from one of them dongles. I believe the e51 can do it and it saves a heap of coin. I pay an extra $30 a month on my contract for a extra 4 gig a month some deal they have. I now have a total of 6 gig and don't have to worry about dongles etc. plus if your phone is only 3G the. You only get the fast 3G reception.

Red face Re: Upgrade options. IT guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

LP
    Just be careful Phill when unplugging USBs ,especially the 3.0's

Could cause fart-attack or VHV (VeryHighVoltage) tingling sensations