Thread: handheld gps 60

handheld gps 60

hi i got a germin gps60 i just want to use it to follow my track and set crab pots and follow my track back home anyone know how to do this and someone said something about a anchor drag alarm
    thanks in advance
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

Re: handheld gps 60

Yep owned one for the same reason to track spots and alarm before my plotter. Some handy manuals and tips on the Gramin website for that model. I am pretty sure the anchor drag alarm is in the marine settings. It would be as simple as dropping a mark on the spots you dropped your pots and you should be all good oh and unsure the track function is on. You have a defined distance before the track runs out but you should be sweet as it is a considerable distance.

thanks so i take it ya set each pot as a waypoint?
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

yeah mate that's the way to go, you can edit the way point marker etc, to identify if its a good mark or one to avoid etc. I had fish on mine as fishing spots and skull n cross bones as places to avoid etc.

yeah sounds good thanks i still not to good with understanding it yet
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

shrek, don't have the 60 model but as mossy said tracking should be on and if you have a MOB function use that when you set your pots, next trip clewar the tracking and MOB's and you are set to go again or keep them if they are worthwhile. A couple of years ago at Fraser we got blown away by a storm one night and the only way we found our way back to camp was by following the tracks which we had earlier set otherwise we would have been stuck for hours on end.