Thread: Fishing gear on graysonline

Fishing gear on graysonline

Graysonline have fishing gear on there site here is the link http://www.graysonline.com/search.aspx?q=Rapala-rods-01
    if anyone is interested I haven't brought from them but know people that have and said the stuff is pretty good value. The rods look like they are pretty well priced.
    Byron

Re: Fishing gear on graysonline

Will let you know when the new rod turns up
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

I just did an impulsive thing and brought one. Not like me at all with fishing gear.

New fishing rod arrived today ... looks very fancy .. only one small issue though.

I ordered the 6'6" Tspec 9-15kg overhead rod (TS-662OMH) .. and what turned up was the Xrap 7'6" 10-20kg spin rod (XR762SMH)

I'm the same FB. I just received a very nice looking rod but 6'6" instead of 7'6".

I'll take your rod and you can have mine except its a spin rod or we would both be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I'm the same FB. I just received a very nice looking rod but 6'6" instead of 7'6".

I'll take your rod and you can have mine except its a spin rod or we would both be happy.
    That is funny .. before I bought a rod I went and looked online to see if I could see any info.. there was one review on there only and that was a guy who ordered one rod but received a different rod but was happy because the one he received was worth more.. I think they are just grabbing whatever is handy and firing them off in the post haha

Still a nice rod but I don't have a reel for it and I want my overhead that I ordered.. I have sent them off an email to customerservice@grays.com.au and am waiting on a reply to see what they will do.

hey thanks guys i was just about to ask how u went with the rods, they look to be worth the $.
    I was looking at getting one of the 2-4kg spin rods but i dont want to end up with a 9-15kg overhead :/

i also noticed looking at the site that some of the pics do not match the rods.
    i.e baitcaster rod in the pic next to spin rod details.

I got a reply from Grays asking for a photo of the rod plus the delivery number. Talk about unprofessional!

Still waiting for the correct rod and all I get is delays. They tell me they haven't got the correct rod but they're still selling them on their website.

Do not trust these people guys.

i would also suggest cut and pasting the model numbers and doing a general google search. whilst rrp's may be up around $150 or more, i have found other outlets selling the same rods for the same prices as grays are advertising.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I was hoping I would would post here before people bought stuff but I was too late...
    Had alot of people at work and clients who have had bad dealings with Grays.
    I much prefer to buy from online dealers I trust...fishin, mos
    Just keep emailing them once a day.

I have been going back and forwards with Grays since the wrong rod arrived... at the end of it they offered a small refund and I accepted it... that was a couple of weeks back and I had all but given up and then get an email yesterday saying the refund has been approved... but it may take some time to reach my account.

While I could have tried to push my luck in getting the correct rod sent I would have had to send the wrong one back etc and resigned it to the too hard basket..

It is interesting to see though that the rod I received has the rating of 10-20kg written all over it and its cover but on the Rapala site the rod is rated 9-15kg so that may be why they have ended up with Grays in the first place??

Who knows.. the rod looks fancy but at the moment it is a bit like tits on a bull as I don't have a spare reel for a spin rod

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

I've never bought anything off Grays, but just found this. Check it out, a fake Tiagra. I've heard of such a beast but this is the first time I've seen one. Can't help wandering what they're like (though I'm not about to buy one)
    http://www.graysonline.com/retail/20...e-rod?spr=true

Quote Originally Posted by scuttlebutt View Post
    I've never bought anything off Grays, but just found this. Check it out, a fake Tiagra. I've heard of such a beast but this is the first time I've seen one. Can't help wandering what they're like (though I'm not about to buy one)
    http://www.graysonline.com/retail/20...e-rod?spr=true
    If you change ya mind and buy one ill be interested to hear about it..lol