Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Zones in Qld. Attention Anglers !!

Green Zones in Qld. Attention Anglers !!

National Parks in Queensland are in the process of review. In order to get Marine Parks on the review list, we need to convince Minister McVeigh that there's reason to. One way to do that is to sign the following petition, it doesn't take long at all. If we can get a review to happen, we could well get LNP Policy implemented (one hook one line for Recs) which didn't happen after the last Election because we didn't get the Fisheries Minister we'd hoped for.

Additionally, the Petition is attempting to get the State LNP to keep an eye on Federal Policy when it comes to Marine Parks. We need this to happen, because at the moment the Feds are looking at massive bans, in Qld and in other States. If we don't stand up for ourselves, we're in the soup.

Folks, if you want the LNP to take notice of what's going on, and if you want things to go the way we hoped they would go, it is of critical importance that this petition get some weight behind it, as well as all the other activities that people are doing. It's easy, it's fast, and it's a numbers game. Without numbers, Recreational Anglers will keep on losing.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/wor...on?PetNum=1964

Queensland residents draws to the attention of the House the proposed network of marine parks throughout Australia's Exclusive Economic Zone. The current process of establishing marine park boundaries has failed to include genuine consultation, and has failed to recognise that Queensland fisheries are already amongst the healthiest and best managed in the world, as highlighted in Queensland's Fish Stock Status reports over recent years.

Your petitioners, therefore, request the House to:

1. Urge the Federal Government to halt the current process of establishing marine parks in Queensland federal waters and to ensure that any future marine park boundaries are:

• based on science, and that this science be made available to all stakeholders;
    • based on assessments of all risks to the environment by marine activities;
    • accompanied by socio-economic research to show impacts on commercial fisheries, charter businesses, recreational anglers, and associated communities and industries, including tourism; and
    • considerate of Australia's future food security needs.

2. Review the current marine national parks (MNPs) plans in Queensland state waters with a view to allowing sustainable recreational fishing activity in selected MNPs where environmental impacts are not significant, in line with the International Union for Conservation of Nature.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Green Zones in Qld. Attention Anglers !!

Any and all comments about the topic / subject matter are welcome.

LP

Done and posted on my Facebook page for non ausfish friends. (Thanks Phil, be interesting to see views results in a few days)

All done Phill, lets hope the NLP take some notice.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

So is MP Mark going to bring up the subject of "rec anglers using 1 rod in green zones" when he tables this petition in State Parliament?

Perhaps you could explain it more Phill because that does sound like bait to trick people into signing this petition. Timmi has started the petition and MP Mark is the sponsor and it seems to have nothing to do with State issues or "rec anglers using 1 rod in green zones", and both have conned us before using this as bait.With a 78 to 9 seat majority they should be be able to bring that in with ease if they had the will to.
    ~~~><))))*>

thanks phill. done.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    So is MP Mark going to bring up the subject of "rec anglers using 1 rod in green zones" when he tables this petition in State Parliament?
    It is written into LNP policy that a review of the Green Zones will include the 1 rod per rec angler in those zones. I fully expect that to happen , once the review is finished.

When will that be ? NFI !!!!!!

Not too sure of the 2 who conned are ? Maybe you could enlighten me and others ?

Cheers Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    It is written into LNP policy that a review of the Green Zones will include the 1 rod per rec angler in those zones. I fully expect that to happen , once the review is finished.

When will that be ? NFI !!!!!!

Not too sure of the 2 who conned are ? Maybe you could enlighten me and others ?

Cheers Phill
    Timmi and MP Mark

If you believe this petition is worth signing on it's merrits why say it may also lead to us being able to use 1 rod in green zones, you know it can't, Campbell has said it will not happen and the LNP will not persue it.
    ~~~><))))*>

all done phill,

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

1...Still haven't stated or qualified the " con " Mike,,, care to enlighten me ?

2...Can you also link me to Noddy's statement that " it won't happen ". ?

cheers

For a start how many times were we promised we'd see the LNP's rec fishing policy as soon as the election is called. That would be the biggest con he put over Ausfish members and the one that has got most of us offside. Then throw in telling us before the election that the LNP had ruled out a rec fishing licence for Qld anglers (2 months after the election Sunfish recieved correspondence from the Fisheries Minister's office advising it's being looked at).

At the Ashgrove Candidates forum on or close to Feb 28, I was the one who asked Newman about 1 rod in green zones and refered to the "policy leak" on that subject. His answer (much to the pleasure of everyone else in attendance) was emphatic no, and we won't be looking at it.

Can you show me a link to this mysterious LNP policy where "It is written into LNP policy that a review of the Green Zones will include the 1 rod per rec angler in those zones".
    I'm still waiting from last time I asked you where to find this info, also the LNP state office and my local LNP Member know nothing of it. Seems to back up what Campbell said.
    ~~~><))))*>

Well we can thank Mike for us never getting to use one rod in green zones. Good work Mike, call out a conservative member running for parliament in the heart of greenie territory on a watering down of a greenie policy...... He did what most pollies would do and disregarded it. Now to do it he would be breaking an election promise.... I wish you had kept your mouth shut.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    For a start how many times were we promised we'd see the LNP's rec fishing policy as soon as the election is called. That would be the biggest con he put over Ausfish members and the one that has got most of us offside. Then throw in telling us before the election that the LNP had ruled out a rec fishing licence for Qld anglers (2 months after the election Sunfish recieved correspondence from the Fisheries Minister's office advising it's being looked at).

At the Ashgrove Candidates forum on or close to Feb 28, I was the one who asked Newman about 1 rod in green zones and refered to the "policy leak" on that subject. His answer (much to the pleasure of everyone else in attendance) was emphatic no, and we won't be looking at it.

Can you show me a link to this mysterious LNP policy where "It is written into LNP policy that a review of the Green Zones will include the 1 rod per rec angler in those zones".
    I'm still waiting from last time I asked you where to find this info, also the LNP state office and my local LNP Member know nothing of it. Seems to back up what Campbell said.
    Thanks Mike,

Still can't see where Tim conned you or us. But I do agree on the LNP fishing policy roll out that hasn't happened as yet. That is under review, as you know. Is that a con ? dunno... I know that the LNP didn't promise that, it was our MP......... is this not correct ? And we know that Mark got dudded and shut down after the election, hence my disappointment at the slowness of roll out of fishery reviews etc.

I suppose Mark will have to answer the 1 rod issue, can't remember where it was stated, but it is here on Ausfish somewhere. And he did so recently, again.

For now there are way more important issues at hand to deal with than the 1 rod issue.

The RUF matter needs to be addressed and I am still waiting on the DG's answer to this.

NO political party will be imune to action by rec fishos, despite an allegence to one.

It still takes a group of passionate people to get in the ear and in the faces of pollies to allow them to hear our voice, that will be made all the easier if we draft the proposals we need and present them ( fully funded ) to the people that matter and can do something about the matters at hand.

Most of the proposals have been put in writing and just need to get into the hands.

The previous Government had them, so I assume this one will have copies , somewhere ?

LP

19 th september by MP Mark.

Happy to point out the commitments that the LNP made wrt fishing should we be in government.
    1. $10 million net licence buyback. This commitment is underway.
    2. Marine infrastructure fund. To build more boat ramps, pontoons, artificial reefs etc. Applications to this fund are to my knowledge open
    3. In state waters, no new marine parks, no new Green zones, no expansion of current Green zones.
    4. Fairer Rec Fishing Access. While there was no election announcement to allow one line in Green zones, it is current LNP policy to allow one line in selected Green zones. I look forward to this policy being implemented in due course at the minister's initiative.

I hope that helps clarify things

maybe you ( Mike ) can contact Mark and get the exact location of the document he talks about here.

LP

This thread seems to be going down the path of another thread in the news section.
    Oh no it isn't. That thread has goooone.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good