Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Should we buy Australian Made boats or take our chance offshore ?

Re: Should we buy Australian Made boats or take our chance offshore ?

geez dick hope all this ends well .
    all i can say is shame on evolution ,
    what a stupid response to a serious problem .

Hi Guys.

Firstly let me say I have no connection to evolution boats and for what they have done to Dick they deserve to be out of business, but when I read the post by evolution1 my spidie senses started tingling and i smelt more than a faint whiff of TROLL. I mention his only because I hate Trolls with a passion. They are dirty, discusting pieces of low life.

Having said that I may be completely wrong.

Dick I really hope you get the outcome you are looking for and if you are looking for a fish I am on the northside of Brisbane.

Safe boating to all.

Regards Greg

Guys after looking at my original post maybe I should not of questioned all Australian Boat manufacturers ? I'm sure there are far more good experiences with Australian made boats than bad ones.
    As I have previously stated in a number of posts a product should be critiqued on the back up warranty and after sales service rather than how it goes out of the box.
    In this case I have been let down to the point of thinking the Chinese would of given better warranty than the manufacturer of our boat. The support I have received from the dealer is the only reason this matter is not before the courts as we speak, their attitude towards the situation is one of Lets get the issues sorted as you have been F@#ked around to much already, for this I thank Coastal Power Boats.
    Rather than spray your potential customers Mr Evolution you could post on here the fact you will rectify any out of pocket expenses Coastal occur in regards to the rectification of your poor workmanship, back your dealer as you don't seam to back your customers !
    Thanks for the offers to wet a line guys it is great to have support from guys you have never met, I hope dealers across Australia take a good look at their own customer service and ask them selves what they could do better in such a tough close nit market.
    Thanks again
    Dick

Hi DT,

I am told by my BIL that the old days of you being in contract with the dealer and the manufacturer can wipe his hands of you are gone - hence what you say is 100% correct - the manufacturer and the dealer are both responsible to you and it has been shown in your case only the dealer is the one showing any genuine and sincere interest in fixing the problem.

Manufacturers have to lift their game as they are no longer disconnected from the buyer by law or contract or responsibility.

I am glad someone is taking up the problems for you Richard and doing something about it.

I hope you also feel you get suitable recompense in the whole saga for your efforts and out of pocket expenses too.

Greg if you sense TROLL in Evolutions response (as many of us have filtered before writing) how is it the response registers personal details not commonly known and why would they have not corrected it by now as for sure with emails to them would have rung alarm bells. But what you are saying does make some sense as to why would any company be so STUPID as to make a reply as they did - but on this forum it isn't an example in isolation thinking back not so long ago to Rosco's issues on his boat and motors - it happens and I think because they think they can get away with it as they have in the past. Trailer boat magazine put it clearly to me that in today's age of social media these operators have to change their game and be a lot more savvy or pay the consequences.

Oh and for Evolution - these threads do get read by many thousands of interested people and are some of them potential customers trying to make up their minds - YOU BET YA!!

I do agree though that Evolution are far better to go quiet if the best response they can make is to simply throw petrol on the fire.
    Cheers

Trev

Give the boat to the dealer he will fix any fit up problems and he will get any manufacturing problems fixed on behalf of the manufacturer.

What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    Give the boat to the dealer he will fix any fit up problems and he will get any manufacturing problems fixed on behalf of the manufacturer.

What's wrong with that?
    Nothing, as long as the manufacturer is prepared to recompense the dealer. If the dealer is getting negative vibes from the manufacturer in regards to sorting out an issue, I wouldn't blame them for being somewhat cautious. Especially if they are having to engage a third party to fix the issue......

Hi Trev.

I just re-read evolutions post and i can see your points. My reaction may just have been a "gut" feeling but i guess like others i was gob smacked that a manafacturer would post a reply like that if they were genuine about achieving an amicable solution.

In his post evolution makes the statement that he/they are working with coastal power boats on this problem. It would be interesting to see if Dick could talk to the boys at CPB and verify the veracity of the statement and thus maybe get some credability.

Safe boating to all.

Regards Greg

OK kids just got back from Coastal and boat inspection

Lets clear something up first in regards to the post Evolution1 made on page 3
    No troll would of known about the product I recommended to Paul to help relieve the pain in his ankle so as hard as it is to believe potential customers would be addressed like that what I found today leaves no doubt in my mind to who Evolution 1 is !
    Point #1
    So as most of you would have read in this thread during the inspection by surveyor he discovered raw cut timber edges in both the rear shelf under the batteries and in the cabin bulk head area.
    Point # 2
    These edges are constantly exposed to both fresh and salt water every trip so the requirement to be sealed with epoxy resin is a must to ensure the timber does not absorb water causing expansion of timber, fungus growth and premature break down of structural support members "All on same page here I hope ?"
    Point # 3
    It was agreed with the manufacturer that the correct method of repair were for the edge's to be resin sealed to prevent water ingress.
    Point # 4
    When I was told to take my boat back to Brisbane as Paul was done with it and no further repairs would be carried out at his premises I question why one edge was still raw ? Paul then brushed on some flow coat to attempt to satisfy my request.
    When I questioned why the other edges had silicon on them when they had been sealed with epoxy ? Extra coverage I was told by Paul !
    well you could of knocked me over with a feather today when i dug the silicon out of the repair area to find the same raw edge staring back at me ! Who would of thought ?

So now Coastal not only have to seal the edge they have to did out a 2 meter x 10mm section of silicon under a shelf with 3" clearance between the shelf and floor, at least the manufacturer was cheap enough to use silicon & not sikka so as hard as it will be to remove it could of been worst !

So in short to the knockers out there and the Evo supporters go and see the guys at Evo ask them what happened ? I to would like to know why this happen,maybe I should ring ?

The up side of all this is today we sat in my boat and laughed and laughed until it hurt "not really just keeping it in the same context as evo are helping "

So I left the boat with the guys at Coastal shaking their heads agreeing with me that it would of been less work to fix before Evo had a crack at it !
    I have full confidence it will be sorted as both myself and the Coastal team are on the same page to how the correct method of repair will be carried out, pretty sure I wont be lied to by the Coastal team either !
    Stay Tuned
    Dick
    PS: you couldn't make this sort of shit up could you ?

I was appalled when I read about Trevally's problems. I would never have thought that an Australian builder would be so blasé. How does what they have delivered match up to their sales pitch? If they are advertising no timber and that is incorrect then they are guilty of false advertising and I am sure Fair Trading would be very interested in this story. Hey DT, are Coastal now reconsidering their relationship with Evo? I would be.

Settles it.. I'll never, ever, ever buy a boat from them.

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

A gut wrenching predicament to find yourself in Dick,I just don't understand how a boat could get made in such a sloppy fashion.
    I jumped on Evolutions web site to have a bit of a gander and after going through it and reading about methods of construction and all the processes it beggars belief that a boat could leave the factory without being totally bullet proof.
    And reading Evolution1's response to this just defies logic.I sincerely hope you get everything fixed above and beyond the standard.I really hope for Evolutions sake a cure is found for their lack of responsibility and a rigorous regime of quality control put in place,clearly it doesn't exist.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

mate do you trust other bits of the boat not inspected so far are up to scratch ?
    its almost as if the boat needs to be destructive tested to show up its issues before warranty runs out

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    mate do you trust other bits of the boat not inspected so far are up to scratch ?
    its almost as if the boat needs to be destructive tested to show up its issues before warranty runs out
    thats what a marine surveyor would of done check all over the boat so im sure he spotted any faults.

dicktracey i hope you get it fixed the way it should of been delivered to you in the first place. good luck with it

jeff

I really feel for you DT. I would have gone 'postal' by now. At least you have a sense of humour. Its not the fact that your boat has some problems, no matter how big or small, it is how the company has reacted to your predicament. The fact you had to deliver their mess back to them in Melbourne is one of the most disgraceful acts I have heard of from any company.
    There are two ways for this problem to be rectified and it is simple. New boat with no problems or 100% of your money back otherwise Evolutions website is complete lies.
    On a positive note, thumbs up to Coastal Power Boats. It could not be easy for them caught in the middle of a shit fight.
    This saga just goes to show that those companies that have stood the test of time have done so for a very good reason.
    Evolution, your ignorance will be to your detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    Guys after looking at my original post maybe I should not of questioned all Australian Boat manufacturers ? I'm sure there are far more good experiences with Australian made boats than bad ones.
    Dick
    Yes Dick,

I am proud to say I own an Aussie designed and manufactured boat. Even better, built right here in Gods Country ( otherwise known as Queensland ).

Your experience is one I would hate to endure.

As for your Noble / Chinese comments.......... don't get me started.

To me, it seems the issue is quality control and as you rightly pointed out, human error, but to go on like the manufacturer did, is unacceptable. Your issue is with a person, rather than the boat, country of manufacturer or materials.

FWIW, I have close contact with an importer of boats from the USA and the very first thing they do when a potential customer wants to buy a boat is get a ( trusted and Qualified ) Marine Surveyor to inspect every inch of the craft, including engine. Not saying that is what you should have done, but certainly takes the " fear factor " out of dropping 65 big ones from the wallet.

Maybe, one day.... a Government or financially interested party will make Seaworthiness Certificates compulsory for recreational vessels, both second hand and new. Along with this, I would like to see the " Water-Side assist " program attached to all new vessel sales.

I hope your wife feels at ease soon...... oh and you to. Good luck with the repairs and also good to hear the dealer helping you out.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here