Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Should we buy Australian Made boats or take our chance offshore ?

Re: Should we buy Australian Made boats or take our chance offshore ?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Dick,
    Great to see that you have reached a resolotion - as long as you are happy with it.

The thing that incensed me the most was you taking the boat down to Melbourne - only to be treated very poorly indeed.

Did Paul apologise or offer some form of recompense for that uneccessary episode?

Mark
    Mark,
    Thanks for the concern to be honest it's the Minister for Finance that had to be calmed down over the whole issue.
    I agree The road trip ended up in disaster both Paul and myself have put that behind us & yes mate I am happy with the outcome.
    Thanks
    Dick

Great to hear Dick good to see you are getting what you ahould have got in the first place. Amazing how things change at least you know you have all of us Cowboys who wish we could be out fishing behind you. Keep us posted as to how this plays out mate.

After having a couple of trips out on the water reminding me why we picked the Evo in the first place I called Paul to chat about current construction method since our boats issues started.

I'm not starting this up again with the intention for another Evo reaming guys I just thought the genuine punters would be keen on an update. So we will leave Part#2 for the new boat and try to leave the history behind us and move forward on what should be a new and improved product.

The issue I had with lack of stringer support has been addressed as home brew's boat was built after mine and does not have the same issues, the bonding process used to join the stringers to floor has been changed from a jointing compound to multiple cut to size 900g matting laid out and floor weighted upon being lowered into hull. "Paul could give exact details if you where interested"
    The new construction process information Paul gave me has gone a long way to reassuring me our next Evo will be bigger and better & will be issue Free.

I'm not telling anyone to race out and buy one just because I've had some smoke blown up my arse "excuse the pun" I'm just letting you all know the updates as I get them.

The changes made to the 552 while in Melbourne CC style seat frames with under seat Evakool 110L Split Fold eskies have gone a long way to making it a better boat for our local conditions, it feels more balanced, planes quicker & gave us even more space to what was a generous work area as it was.
    So thx again for the support guys, the new and improved Evo is now in the construction que.
    Talk soon
    Dick