Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Thumbs up Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Just Ban the "Ausfish Addicts"
    or press the "dislike button" every 9th or 10th time they post , it's good for your libido

.....apparently.....

Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Gazza...matey, pal, old digger. One day I'm going to understand you.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I'll have a lazy reddie on that day not coming Finga

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    at my own peril, i am adding my 2 bits. i am non-political. i hate them all. they all lie, be it outright or subversive. i have a gst from a government that would never implement a gst and i now have a carbon tax from a government that would never implement a carbon tax.
    views on politics are like bums. everyone has one, but they're all different. everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.
    i see no point in sledging here. phill should not be exempt from having a political viewpoint. we are all adults and vote as we see fit. phill plays a big part in making ausfish what it is and works tirelessly on behalf of rec fishos. his m&g organising is second to none and he is a great bloke to have a beer with (or even something pink).
    any suggestion that he may "moderate" political threads to push his own barrow, i think, is nothing shy of insulting.
    Well said Dave

I think Phill has outlined some of his concerns with the way Can't do is managing our Fishery management at the moment. As I said previously (when Captain Bligh was in command), the only way foreward is to work with the political party who is in power. Hopefully Phill and others can have a bit of influence on future decisions.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

at my own peril, i am adding my 2 bits. i am non-political. i hate them all. they all lie, be it outright or subversive. i have a gst from a government that would never implement a gst and i now have a carbon tax from a government that would never implement a carbon tax.
    views on politics are like bums. everyone has one, but they're all different. everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.
    i see no point in sledging here. phill should not be exempt from having a political viewpoint. we are all adults and vote as we see fit. phill plays a big part in making ausfish what it is and works tirelessly on behalf of rec fishos. his m&g organising is second to none and he is a great bloke to have a beer with (or even something pink).
    any suggestion that he may "moderate" political threads to push his own barrow, i think, is nothing shy of insulting.
    I recon I would stick it to Phill more than anyone here and I have no issue whatsoever with how he moderates, sh#t I wouldn't want his job, but you'd be naive if thought at least one of the moderators wasn't looking after MP Mark. Posts and whole threads that were totally within Ausfish's rules have dissapeared off the site as soon as things have started going south for our favourite MP. I know one of mine (totally within the rules) that questioned a line MP Mark had posted only lasted a few mins. And when I asked why, that also dissappeared. I wasn't banned or warned, just the posts were removed and no explanation given. I have no problem with that, but you can't say it doesn't happen because it does. It's no different to the way most other forums are run.

We all have our views on many subjects and we should (including Phill or any mod) be allowed to express them on this site, esp in the "Bilge", if they go too far a spray is often delivered. We're all big boys I recon, Phill and Timmi can apologise and buy me a beer anytime they like.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker
    everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it certainly doesn't prevent anyone for being ridiculed for it, if they chose to express it. Just because you have the right to say rediculous things doesn't also give you the right to say them free from criticism.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    We're all big boys I recon, Phill and Timmi can apologise and buy me a beer any time they like.
    I'd drink your beer too Lovely.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it certainly doesn't prevent anyone for being ridiculed for it, if they chose to express it. Just because you have the right to say rediculous things doesn't also give you the right to say them free from criticism.
    criticism and ridicule are 2 very different animals. ridicule should be limited to childrens websites while criticism belongs in mature, adult debate.

mike. despite your posts "adhering" to the rules, sometimes common decency requires posts be removed. perhaps what you thought innocuous was considered potentially offensive or lacking common decency by someone else...
    if someone was "looking after" mp mark, they did a crap job. i think the worst i have read on this site was directed at mark which i personally thought distasteful.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

So back to the thread. It's about Fisheries remember.

I saw a Fisheries patrol boat last Thursday.
    I was shocked by firstly seeing a patrol boat cruising about but I was more shocked seeing it where I saw it.
    http://goo.gl/maps/x3Jz1

Well done in getting out and about boys. Hit them where they least expect to be hit
    (And I say that without a hint of sarcasm. I just wished there were more front line fisheries inspectors about).

Didnt think much to check on there but dont know area that well. maybe paying someone a visit on way from Leslie but good to see nthe flag waving wherever it is.
    Cheers
    Ray

Sorry Finga

mike. despite your posts "adhering" to the rules, sometimes common decency requires posts be removed. perhaps what you thought innocuous was considered potentially offensive or lacking common decency by someone else...
    It was a while ago but believe it was "Oh dear, I know that's not true Mark". As a guide the post by Timmi (one of MP Mark's Ausfish spokesmen) where he calls Qld public servents "a whole bunch of regulation happy, non value adding nobodies, who had a dream of doing Sweet Felicity Arkwright for the rest of their miserable urban latte sucking lives" is still there. I ask you which could meet your criteria of being considered potentially offensive or lacking common decency by someone else...
    ~~~><))))*>

yes, i would also consider that totally uncalled for and inappropriate. it is unfortunate that mods even be required but that is the nature of the forum beast...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Actually I like posts like that one Mike.
    They tell me exactly what sort of a person the person who posted it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I'd drink your beer too Lovely.
    I'd be happy to buy you a beer Michael. Not sure what I have to apologise for though.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I reckon we should all be given a fortnight as "Moderator in Charge".

TOL