Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Couldn't be bothered to send a representative to the Rec fishing conference and pulled out of the Sunfish AGM.

All other states view Qld fisheries as the "cot case" of fishing in Australia and probably now see Qld as the nut case.

Rec fishing is estimated to be worth at least $billion to the Qld economy. What government would be stupid enough to ignore and mismanage such an industry.

I'm sure they'll be back at the next election with another load of promises.

Actually there were five representatives from FQ at the Rec fishing conference....and FQ wasn't invited to the Sunfish AGM this year or last year....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Couldn't be bothered to send a representative to the Rec fishing conference and pulled out of the Sunfish AGM.

All other states view Qld fisheries as the "cot case" of fishing in Australia and probably now see Qld as the nut case.

Rec fishing is estimated to be worth at least $billion to the Qld economy. What government would be stupid enough to ignore and mismanage such an industry.

I'm sure they'll be back at the next election with another load of promises.

Has anyone received any replies regarding the "reallocated funding"?

Also, does that mean the SIP permit will be cheaper as they are "scaling it back"?

As usual, less bang for your buck continues...

I do believe and will confirm soon, that the RUF will not be touched. ( re-directed )

I also believe that Sunfish's funding is not totalling withdrawn and that only the administration funds ( about 1/3rd ) is being re-directed.

I will have further info soon.

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 17-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I have been mulling over this thread for a while.

I am trying to remain silent, but need to know something.

There have been a few that have posted here and stated that certain MP's, LNP and AF members lied to us.

Just wondering if you can factually and unequivocally state ( by referencing ) the lies........ what these lies were ?

NO ............... heard this, thought that, etc.......... please state ( copy and paste would be ideal ) the lies.

I can say without a doubt, that I have been let down, at best. Knowing full well what was said in the lead up to the election and what was heresay. I also know that many here have misrepresented the truth in what was said and or did not understand what was said / promised.

To date, I personally know of no lies ( regarding our interests, Rec Fishing ) coming from the LNP.

I would also suggest that those of you who stated that the LNP lied, and cannot produce the facts to back that up, stick to what you know best.

It is really bad form to post away and create confusion or fear, all based on perception or interpretation and not facts.

I look forward to your responses.

cheers LP

Lightbulb Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

AF members lied to us
    Q. Phillip/Mark-MP-Fisho/toothfairy?? "did you state/post a LNP RecFishing policy".....would be released before the actual Election date. ??

p.s. toothfairy I FORGIVE YOU as we know your not real

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I am trying to remain silent, but need to know something.

There have been a few that have posted here and stated that certain MP's, LNP and AF members lied to us.

Just wondering if you can factually and unequivocally state ( by referencing ) the lies........ what these lies were ?

I have no doubt that you would be wanting to remain silent, LP, given your active campaigning in these forums before the election.

In fact, I would reckon that all card carrying LNP members would be hanging their heads in shame now.

The concern is that more is likely to come. I declare that I am a swinging voter who looks for a good reason to change a government rather than silly Holden versus Ford type partisan politics, of which we saw a deluge before the election.

Shame! Shame! Shame! to you brainless partisan twits.

The thing that got me most was indeed the extremist misogyny displayed in these forums. . In my view, a lot of the problems that Bligh had to deal with came from the policies of Beattie as premier and Mackenroth as treasurer. So the vile abuse that was thrown at Bligh still amazes me. Likewise, that spelling of "Julia" with an "r" on the end that certain ill-mannered people and indeed, even, the odd moderator, who should know better, has chosen to practise. Clearly, the LNP party machine told their drones to barrage social media with abuse and that is what the mindless idiots did and by so doing sucked in a lot of support that might not have been there if rational debate was not pushed aside by puerile school yard chants and name calling.

Well, as we have learnt over time, the guys on this website and elsewhere who display the greatest misogyny seem to have the disease of the brown bottle or, alternatively, have had serious relationship problems with women that end up in the courts in one form or another, or both.

Of course, such boorish behaviour originates at the top. If an organisation endorses the leadership of a bullying, misogynist, lying leader, then by his example, it must be ok for the partisans to follow his leadership and practise the same.

Take Tony Abbott. (Yes - please do!) A proven liar over and over again and very unworthy of the position that all partisan LNP people have given him.

He has been humiliated by Julia Gillard over his attitudes to women in her 15 minute speech in the parliament last week. So humiliated that the images shot around the world. What chance would he ever have at establishing a position of respect with world leaders, especially ones who really count like Angela Merkel?

It only took nine minutes of one solitary angry woman's tirade to reduce this cocky narcissist into a miserable wreck of humiliation and self doubt. Nine minutes!

Look at the images from the TV coverage of that speech below. Shades of Dubbya when he was told of the 9/11 bombings.

How could anyone believe in this bloke's capability to lead Australia in tough circumstances without his strong willed wife's petticoat to hang on to?

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Worse, of course, is that the man is a self confessed and ongoing liar of the first order.

Self Confessed? Well a certain ABC TV interview delivered the truth of that to us but there have since been multiple times when Abbott has been caught out as being a liar, leading to this recent statement by Laurie Oakes in the News Ltd. media. Should we be waiting for a slander lawsuit by Abbott against Oakes and the News Ltd. media? I doubt it. The guy lies over and over and over again it seems.

So what we know with undeniable accuracy, is that Abbott looked like a scalded, mongrel dog after being lambasted by just a lone, angry woman. We also know by his own admission that he is an inveterate liar.

Therefore, in keeping with the spirit and tone of the quality of anti-Bligh and anti-Gillard posts which have been approved for publication within these forums by the moderators, we shall now all be OK to refer to the Liberal leader as that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott.

So, having established that the LNP endorses leadership with the character of a lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, it follows that those sort of values should be expected within the LNP ranks, especially lying.

Were lies told to electors by the LNP before the election? By definition they would have had to have been. Here is one post that suggests same.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ampbell+newman

Apparently Campbell Newman announced after stealing seminar time at the Tackle and Tinnie show that an LNP government would be "fishing friendly."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Who would trust anyone who supports and promotes the LNP after seeing their track performance? Only a partisan.

One of your best Charleville. Of course porkies were told before the election for heavens sake.

As for the that that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott. well where do you start. God knows how many times he has changed his mind on policy over the last decade. I can recall about 5 yrs ago he gave a verbal spray to Roxin, shock horror when he realised the microphones picked it up.

Be very surprised if that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott gets the chance to contest the next fed election as leader of the opposition. Christ he didn't even have the hoggies to put it all on the table in Indonesia recently.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

To date, I personally know of no lies ( regarding our interests, Rec Fishing ) coming from the LNP.

cheers LP
    Are you serious Phill. I recon a few Ausfishers didn't appreciate being strung along with these little gems referring to the release of the LNP's rec fishing policy.

MP Mark 6/7/11
    "As I said, very soon some broad strategic directions on fishing and fisheries management (those we have been espousing to date) will be made public, with more detail and announcements when Anna Bligh announces the election."

MP Mark 3/7/11
    "The LNP will release some policy directions soon and more details when the election is called."

MP Mark 23/6/11
    "But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."

MP Mark 28/11/11
    "We will release policies once they are complete and when the election is called."

MP Mark 18/6/11
    "We are still in our consultation process and will announce policies as we get closer to the election.
    Mark"

MP Mark 24/7/11
    "I would like nothing more than to have an election soon and to put out fishing policies in detail. But the Premier controls the timing of that."

Red Land Times 28 Nov 2011
    Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election

Fo me personally I found it a disgrace for an elected MP to come on to a fishing website and post this which IMO is an attempt to mislead. Anyone who knows anything at all about Newman would laugh at this statement.
    MP Mark 20/4/11
    "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing."
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    I have no doubt that you would be wanting to remain silent, LP, given your active campaigning in these forums before the election.

In fact, I would reckon that all card carrying LNP members would be hanging their heads in shame now.

The concern is that more is likely to come. I declare that I am a swinging voter who looks for a good reason to change a government rather than silly Holden versus Ford type partisan politics, of which we saw a deluge before the election.

The thing that got me most was indeed the extremist misogyny displayed in these forums. . In my view, a lot of the problems that Bligh had to deal with came from the policies of Beattie as premier and Mackenroth as treasurer. So the vile abuse that was thrown at Bligh still amazes me. Likewise, that spelling of "Julia" with an "r" on the end that certain ill-mannered people and indeed, even, the odd moderator, who should know better, has chosen to practise. Clearly, the LNP party machine told their drones to barrage social media with abuse and that is what the mindless idiots did and by so doing sucked in a lot of support that might not have been there if rational debate was not pushed aside by puerile school yard chants and name calling.

Well, as we have learnt over time, the guys on this website and elsewhere who display the greatest misogyny seem to have the disease of the brown bottle or, alternatively, have had serious relationship problems with women that end up in the courts in one form or another, or both.

Of course, such boorish behaviour originates at the top. If an organisation endorses the leadership of a bullying, misogynist, lying leader, then by his example, it must be ok for the partisans to follow his leadership and practise the same.

Take Tony Abbott. (Yes - please do!) A proven liar over and over again and very unworthy of the position that all partisan LNP people have given him.

He has been humiliated by Julia Gillard over his attitudes to women in her 15 minute speech in the parliament last week. So humiliated that the images shot around the world. What chance would he ever have at establishing a position of respect with world leaders, especially ones who really count like Angela Merkel?

It only took nine minutes of one solitary angry woman's tirade to reduce this cocky narcissist into a miserable wreck of humiliation and self doubt. Nine minutes!

Look at the images from the TV coverage of that speech below. Shades of Dubbya when he was told of the 9/11 bombings.

How could anyone believe in this bloke's capability to lead Australia in tough circumstances without his strong willed wife's petticoat to hang on to?

Worse, of course, is that the man is a self confessed and ongoing liar of the first order.

Self Confessed? Well a certain ABC TV interview delivered the truth of that to us but there have since been multiple times when Abbott has been caught out as being a liar, leading to this recent statement by Laurie Oakes in the News Ltd. media. Should we be waiting for a slander lawsuit by Abbott against Oakes and the News Ltd. media? I doubt it. The guy lies over and over and over again it seems.

So what we know with undeniable accuracy, is that Abbott looked like a scalded, mongrel dog after being lambasted by just a lone, angry woman. We also know by his own admission that he is an inveterate liar.

Therefore, in keeping with the spirit and tone of the quality of anti-Bligh and anti-Gillard posts which have been approved for publication within these forums by the moderators, we shall now all be OK to refer to the Liberal leader as that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott.

So, having established that the LNP endorses leadership with the character of a lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, it follows that those sort of values should be expected within the LNP ranks, especially lying.

Were lies told to electors by the LNP before the election? By definition they would have had to have been. Here is one post that suggests same.

Apparently Campbell Newman announced after stealing seminar time at the Tackle and Tinnie show that an LNP government would be "fishing friendly."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Who would trust anyone who supports and promotes the LNP after seeing their track performance? Only a partisan.
    One of your best Charlie. thanks for . nothing !!!!

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Are you serious Phill. I recon a few Ausfishers didn't appreciate being strung along with these little gems referring to the release of the LNP's rec fishing policy.

MP Mark 6/7/11
    "As I said, very soon some broad strategic directions on fishing and fisheries management (those we have been espousing to date) will be made public, with more detail and announcements when Anna Bligh announces the election."

MP Mark 3/7/11
    "The LNP will release some policy directions soon and more details when the election is called."

MP Mark 23/6/11
    "But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."

MP Mark 28/11/11
    "We will release policies once they are complete and when the election is called."

MP Mark 18/6/11
    "We are still in our consultation process and will announce policies as we get closer to the election.
    Mark"

MP Mark 24/7/11
    "I would like nothing more than to have an election soon and to put out fishing policies in detail. But the Premier controls the timing of that."

Red Land Times 28 Nov 2011
    Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election

Fo me personally I found it a disgrace for an elected MP to come on to a fishing website and post this which IMO is an attempt to mislead. Anyone who knows anything at all about Newman would laugh at this statement.
    MP Mark 20/4/11
    "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing."

Thanks Mike for........... ummmm

Pointing out what one person stated, which btw you haven't qualified as lies, but still no reponse as to the LNP lies....

LP

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post

re-read it Charlie........ thanks for answering my question in response to the rec fishing " lies " issue.

BTW, what ever you smokin, ya better share it around, it's G O O D stuff !!!

LP

So after all this hoo haa, all we can come up with is that ONE rec fishing MP provided the fishing public with what he wanted to do on, near and about election time.

That did not happen the way he wanted it.

Was this a lie ? That is probably open to interpretation, but clearly and understood by those that are inteligent enough to understand, what an MP says he hopes or would like to happen, but is not adopted ( AS YET ) by the party is no more than set back and a misunderstanding.

If the best and ONLY issue you can come with is that the LNP did not release a Rec Fishing Policy before the election, as promised, ( not by the party, I will add ) then I'll take that to the bank and deposit it under ........ account " Fine by Me ".

I might be too hasty in this response as I am yet to see the " lies " cut and pasted and as I stated and asked nicely, quailified.

But then again, I was always on a hiding to nothing.......... that's the Communist / Socialist agenda,,, divide and conquer...... fear and confusion.

It's been a long day and I was hoping for some closure or at least something to take to the LNP and say " WTF " !!! Please, please give some ammo guys !!!!

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 18-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.

BTW...........

FACT

There were 4.......... that's F O U R policies concerning rec fishing released on

9th March 2012
    9th March 2012
    10th March 2012

& 21st February 2012

funny thing is, the election was held on the 24th March.

OK< so we didn't get a " Recreation Fishing Policy " as defined by that specific wording, but we did get 4 policies B E F O R E the election that concerns that criteria.

Just thought I would put that out there .............

LP

I might be too hasty in this response as I am yet to see the " lies " cut and pasted and as I stated and asked nicely, quailified.

LP
    And you never will see an LNP lie Phill, I don't think you are capable of being that objective when it comes to politics. The rest of us on the other hand know that MP Mark as the LNP's Shadow Fisheries Spokesperson came on Ausfish and promised us many many times over that he'd deliver a comprehensive and detailed Rec Fishing Policy as soon as Anna Bligh called the election.
    ~~~><))))*>