Thread: Mackay land based access

Mackay land based access

I am back off to Mackay in a few weeks for two weeks work and this time I'm packing fishing gear for night fishing sessions.

Is there legal land based access to this place in Mackay? If so, where is parking that will not get you in the shyte? Looks to be a private access road there possibly?

http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-21.13233...k&nmd=20100716

Is this spot a no fishing zone?......could almost be classed as a barrage.

What other locations are 2wd accessible that are decent land based options?
    Jack.

Easy just go north on the hiway turn left at macca's than left around macca's and walk down through the car yard.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Mackay land based access

The Mackay breakwater at the Marina looks very fishy
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Some good fish to be had from the harbor with the tuna and mackeral coming in....
    There are alot of good land based options just depends what you want to catch? Do you want size or numbers? Are you prepared to get your feed wet or muddy?
    Let me know when your here and i can give you more details

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Mackay land based access

Turn right into Hume st from Cemetery Rd and follow it under Ron Camm Bridge. Park in the spaces provided and you can fish along the Pioneer River. Species I've caught here are Barra, Trevally, Queenfish and Flathead. If you are targetting Barra, then head north on the Bruce Hwy, turn left at maccas along Heaths Rd, go straight on through the roundabout, turn left into Maraju-Yakapari Rd. There are spots along this road you can park and walk down to the river and target barra. You need to maintain 400m from the Dumbleton Weir. You can head out to the mouth of the Pioneer R by turning right at the roundabout near the breakwall (at Marina), or fish the breakwall at the Marina. There are plenty of options available. Call in and see Clint and the guys at Tackleworld and they'll point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
    Wags