Thread: Clontarf boat ramp closure sunday

Clontarf boat ramp closure sunday

Does anyone know why this ramp is closed between 6-9am tomorrow, Sunday.
    Just another stuff around for boaties at a public boat ramp.
    This moreton bay council is f.......

Useless as tits on a bull.

And also why is the te smout bridge closed Sunday, and for how long

Re: Clontarf boat ramp closure sunday

greg, yes inconvenience but triathlon along the waterfront tomorrow.
    I was down there the other day while a local member was sticking up signs around the ramp about the closures.
    I think we can still use woody pt ramp. well im hoping so cause im gonna try launch at about 5am tomoro lol
    I really dont want to have to use margate or anything further up.

Dean

It said ramp closed 6 am - 9 am, so I will be there about 5.30 and I will be using ramp.

awesome!! should see you there.

Hi Sorry to hijack this post. I sent an enquiry to the council to find out when or if they will paint the carpark lines for boat trailer parking at the margate ramp. A few cars are starting to park across where the lines used to be before the resurfacing. need to remind them before they forget and we lose another parking area. Pete

We got back to ramp at 11 today because we knew it was it was closed between 6-9 am.

We went to leave an was stopped by some kid dressed in orange telling me we couldn't drive out till 12 o' clock.

I was furious and told him so. There was a copper at the exit not letting any cars out because of some drop kicks in same damm bike race.

If they want to hold these events hold them out bush somewhere.

This bloody council needs abig shake up and I will be calling them tomorrow, and our local alderman who I havnt heard about since the election.

Some bird who wears a flower in her ear. What else could you expect.

Does it sound like I was a little angry. I know the security bloke got a gob full.

I would have been ropeable if the sign says 6-9am and then they say you can't leave until 12.00!!!
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Greg, as i told you i had similar experiece. I came back to ramp at 10.00am the whole ramp and also the main road completely blocked off.
    Also at 5.00am when i arrived to launch could not even get a park in the whole ramp car park!! so i ended up parking way up on the road, about a 5minute walk back to the boat, which in turn when i returned the road was completely closed off.
    Spoke to a cop and asked him about the whole 6-9 closure and why i was not allowed to bring my car in and tow my boat home. His reply was, 'nothing i can do, you will have to come back after lunch when it is all cleared up.'
    So i went down the pine to warn you but couldnt find ya.
    came back around 12.30ish and it had just opened up. Pain in the ass, mainly cause i was by myself so had to leave everything unattended twice.

Dean

I almost got caught as well was down there at 4:30 to launch to go up the pine. Got lucky for a change, bit of south west breeze coming in so decided to drive around to dohles rocks. Caught a few whiting and back home by 8:30am. the new bridge was closed and they had 2 way traffic on the older bridge. pain in the A if I had to wait till noon to get the boat out. Pete

pete, did you get your boat back in at 8.30 at clontarf?

Hi Kingcray
    No I put in at Dohles Rocks ramp, the wind dropped while fishing and at the time I thought that I should have put in at Clontarf lucky I didn't.
    Pete