Thread: 9/17/12 half moon bay albacore

9/17/12 half moon bay albacore

9/17/12 half moon bay albacore

o'dark 30, half moon bay. great albacore bite yesterday and the day before.

you all know roger on the right. our new guy is vincent wong! been meaning to get him out on the boat for the last few years.

this morning, we get to use ALL of the electronics, including the FLIR!

my brother rounds out the crew.

slow pick in the morning.

8 fish by 1pm, 6 more by 2pm. filleted as we went along, then scrubbed the boat on the way home.

kids! i always tell them to get enough sleep the night before, and they never do!

peter, wish you could have been there!!!!!!!!!!
    eddie's brother, grady white 258

Re: 9/17/12 half moon bay albacore

Nice day out Alan & some prime Tuna fillets! Is that a FLIR camera I see on the H/top and the monitor portside inside the H/top? Obviously you do a bit of night navigation, how do you find it (the FLIR)? They are coming down in price over here so I expect we will see more of them on smaller trailer boats in time.
    Cheers
    Brendon
    PS.Nice GW.

good eye! yes, that is correct. most guys are running 10 knots. i'm doing 20 knots because i can see!
    eddie's brother, grady white 258

Some nice fish caught there. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Some nice tuna there. You have a beautifully set up boat and got the system down pat too with all the fish filleted and on ice by the run home. Do you freeze some, or is it all eaten fresh?