Thread: Southport boat ramp

Southport boat ramp

For anyone who used to put in at southport bridge, and now use biggera waters, the grand or up the spit, there is a ramp at the yacht club that you can use...
    last night i headed for the little ramp beside the jetty where the aqua duck go's in and out, but because they have night works there for the light rail all the workers parked in there.

Ok what to do now??? right beside the floating office where i got my licence is a semi private ramp that is supposed to be for members of the southport yacht club. I went in and asked them could i use it and both the girls at the front desk said yes as long as the trailer didnt sit there for weeks..... last night it was pretty empty, i just dont know how it will be over the weekends.

Re: Southport boat ramp

Thanks for the heads up Wayne, something to keep an eye on.

Cheers
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    For anyone who used to put in at southport bridge, and now use biggera waters, the grand or up the spit, there is a ramp at the yacht club that you can use...
    last night i headed for the little ramp beside the jetty where the aqua duck go's in and out, but because they have night works there for the light rail all the workers parked in there.

Ok what to do now??? right beside the floating office where i got my licence is a semi private ramp that is supposed to be for members of the southport yacht club. I went in and asked them could i use it and both the girls at the front desk said yes as long as the trailer didnt sit there for weeks..... last night it was pretty empty, i just dont know how it will be over the weekends.
    Why not spit the dummy like the Wello Point fishos. Are you telling us we can't use this ramp because people are parking cars without trailers here??

umm, well ,yes your right....one truck had a trailer but that was for some excavater.
    The rest of the parking bays, maybe 10 had cars from the guys working on the bridge.