Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok guys - what is your new "I want" at the moment ??

Ok guys - what is your new "I want" at the moment ??

I am desperate for some ideas to buy the husband for his upcoming birthday. Huge fisherman, has a boat, has enough rods, reels & tackle you could possibly want but I know that its never enough for a fisherman lol ! As an example, he just bought a Daiwa Seagate reel 4500. He fishes for anything & everything in the 40's up to 200's.

No real budget - there will be a few people pooling money together as its a big birthday!

So what are some new products, rods, reels whatever, that your dying to get your hands on ??

Seen those underwater fish cam things? Might be an idea... I dunno what they are called or what they cost but I saw some great whale watching footage of one.

Re: Ok guys - what is your new "I want" at the moment ??

For something a bit different but still fish related there is a guy up at the Eumundi markets that sells life size replicas of fish made out of sheet metal. This is one I was given a few years ago.

2012-09-20 20.50.43.jpg

Or get him a custom made rod with his name and something sentimental epoxied into it.

Does he have a rod for that reel? It would fit a T curve deep jig 200 spin very nicely.
    The idea above is a good one, there's some cracking builders on this forum that would do a great one up for you (not including me!).

What is the charter he has always dreamed of? There are just some amazing trips avaliable depending on if he is in it for sport or food and combine it with Lord Howe island , fly fishing snowies , new zealand ,etc etc. Holiday and fishing - nothing better.
    Bit lame and "dieing to get hands on" but a Satelite phone so he is never out of nagging range ( hope you have a sense of humour) but a great safety item and make sure he has a GPS PLB so ya don't lose him. .

His dream sounder / plotter.

I wish someone would give me a fuelcard.

Socks?......

If he is a huge fisherman may I suggest Jenny craig vouchers

Is there any special fishing moment that brings back a lot of memories...... that has a photo??

I know this clown who puts pictures into timber
    From this to this to this

But time is the major problem. He cannot be rushed or have any time restraints. About 6 months is the norm
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

The other idea I had was Bill Cortens bar crossing course. Everyone that has done it raves about it. I would love to do it myself (hint, hint).

Apparently you learn heaps then get out on the bar and do lots of crossings that are actually a lot of fun.

Minn kota i pilot

Next three items - boat seat suspension; electric reel (yes I am soft in 400m + water); 1kw transducer

Don't tell the missus!!
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Is there any special fishing moment that brings back a lot of memories...... that has a photo??

I know this clown who puts pictures into timber
    From this to this to this

But time is the major problem. He cannot be rushed or have any time restraints. About 6 months is the norm
    Finga that's fantastic!
    Can you give me the details please? I might look into that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreeboy View Post
    Finga that's fantastic!
    Can you give me the details please? I might look into that myself.
    Talk to me. I'm the world exclusive booking agent for the tosser.
    But be warned. Time can never be a consideration.

A few people here have had a picture done and the duffus is working on putting a picture into a rod butt for Owen.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Rights mate when I fly back into town I'll drop you a line.