Thread: Awonga/Monduran

Awonga/Monduran

I am heading up to Gladstone this week, just wondering if it is worthwhile chucking my Yak on the roof and going for a fish at Monduran or Awonga??? Is it still to cold to sucessfully target a Barra?? I know we have been getting heaps of Bass in the Brissy River recently and it is still quite cold.

Or would you risk going for a paddle in the Boyne?

Any tips on where to fish and or launch would be greatly appreciated!

Anthony

Re: Awonga/Monduran

Mates working making jetties in the harbor up there at the moment and has been getting some good fish in the back of the river out of a boat and land based but it ain,t the boyne or the dams put it that way.

Always worth a go.
    Launch dont have a lot of options other than the ramps, could launch from the bush camp road at Awonga, might be preferable for country good to use the yak, main basin is a bit barren for anything but trolling.

Have not fished either since they filled up, so cant help with spots. Just the usual points and drop offs for starters.

Hello Spot82, put your yak in at the benaraby bridge and paddle up stream find the deeper water good barra being caught. Go past the train bridge, its a great paddle amazing bird life and keep an eye out for our local lizard.

Num Num Num "meals on a float"

Last week 2 mates caught over 50 barra in the Boyne in a single day, so I think that could be worth a look. I'd find out more about that lizard though.
    Cheers

PS On the subject of Awoonga I see the Water Board has made big changers to the barra hatchery to cut costs, not good news for anglers.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    On the subject of Awoonga I see the Water Board has made big changers to the barra hatchery to cut costs, not good news for anglers.
    What changes Mike? Is Kurt still there?

No Kurt finished up last week. Out of work for a great bloke and a loss to the fishing community.

Hope he can get his own small one up and running.

Years of work and research and they let him go. Not a good look for the Water Board.
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

No Barra up the boyne.....

550841_421194831275873_1291357451_n.jpg559536_421197097942313_355259636_n.jpg557181_421197061275650_2068369706_n.jpg527290_421195267942496_619191464_n.jpg

These were all caught 4-6weeks ago. New PEtackle hardbodies worked as well if not better than my $30 Luckycraft, also scored some nice jacks on them. If anyone wants to purchase any shoot me a PM