View Poll Results: Is the LNP are doing a good job with policies relating to recreational fishing??

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 18.64%
  • no

46 38.98%
  • what policies

50 42.37%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recreation

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

1. The LNP has no Rcereational Fishing Policy of their own that is tangible.

This does it for me LP, by not having something tangible you mean measurable and held accountable to i will take it.

Not a bad get out of jail free card if you ask me and kind of sums everything up.

What a super bunch of BCF BFC CBF guys that LNP are.

Anyways Phill you may have to get use to the idea of lobbying another LNP leader shorlty, about as popular as Santa with an empty sack

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE , the LNP "has" struggled & is still STRUGGLING to do that "factual" bit

WHY do you expect RecFishos to be any different dealing with LNP GIBBERISH ??????????????

p.s. My pre-apols 2 Cobiaman , I do hope your eyes don't jump from their sockets reading"LNP GIBBERISH"
    good to see the Mod delete wording that made your ears fall off
    No no, was just wondering how you got to swear and i didnt...

Thumbs up Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

@#$#%$$#@# ....take that #@%$%$$#$#%$

Translation: Enjoy your Fishing ,Merry Xmas 2 alll ,even LP

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

Who was that woman on the tv a week or so ago, done for some kind of coruption.

One of Newman's flock, looked like a slimmer version of Kath Petingill.

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    Who was that woman on the tv a week or so ago, done for some kind of coruption.

One of Newman's flock, looked like a slimmer version of Kath Petingill.
    And that is of relevance because....????????
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    And that is of relevance because....????????
    I never seen a fishing rod in her hand.

Dan

Phill..items 2 and 3 are irrelevant..they could have changed those by now. They have passed lots of other legislation so using the old former Govt line does not cut the mustard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Phill..items 2 and 3 are irrelevant..they could have changed those by now. They have passed lots of other legislation so using the old former Govt line does not cut the mustard anymore.

The thing is, I believe this thread is irrelevant.

The question poses " Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recreational fishing ".

Well, as far as I can assertain, the only policy that actually can do a " job " with is the current policy..... or better still, the current regulation / legislation.

OK.. ALL........ if the question needs to be answered.

The LNP do not have apolicy that is tangible...meaning they do not have one on the table in Parliament.

The LNP cannot use the ALP policy, as it is not theirs.

Is the answer to the question NO, because they ( LNP ) have not taken up the ALP policy, or is it YES, because they ( LNP ) have not taken up the ALP policy.

With no Policy from the LNP, they cannot be judged on their policy, it does not exist.

Yes, they LNP, could have changed regulations and legislation, but they haven't............. yet. That is not the question, the question relates, directly , to Policy.

The only Policy............ AGAIN........ that affects recreational fishing ( as per the thread question / topic ) is the M.I.F. Details on the LNP website and elsewhere.

Can someone argue / debate on the thread topic ? If the debate is to continue it appears we need to decide if the LNP are " doing a good job " in relation to the M.I.F roll out. The M.I.F is policy. That policy states quite clearly " a 4 year roll out "............. we are in the 7th month of that term. Sounds like I am reapeating myself, sounds like I am repeating myself,

Nope......... just Groundhog Day.

OK........ I guess we could say the LNP are NOT doing a good job..... blah blah blah, but the only thing to bash them up about is the time it is taking to roll out the policy... but really..... 7 months down the track.... I suppose we could chuck a hissy fit over it........ but if you do, you better chuck a hissy fit if ya Maccas takes more than 33.5 seconds to be delivered your car window at the drive-through........

I do agree that the 1 hook / 1 rod GZ item could have and maybe should have been addressed by now, as that is an item that does not need funding, just a stroke of the pen.

I await the next installment of........

Mudslinging 101....... I don't need the facts. Which is part 2 of the trilolgy...... I can't find a lie so I'll make one up.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thumbs up Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I do agree that the 1 hook / 1 rod GZ item could have and maybe should have been addressed by now, as that is an item that does not need funding, just a stroke of the pen.
    LP
    Well stated Phill

Merry Xmas , or is it Happy Easter or Fathers Day....whenever "project?" 1H1R GZ occurs ...sooner would be nice...

and then there's that 4/5 snapper fiasco caused by the ALP ,needs to be sorted...

I suppose we could chuck a hissy fit over it........ but if you do, you better chuck a hissy fit if ya Maccas takes more than 33.5 seconds to be delivered your car window at the drive-through........
    McDonalds has a doodad where you can drive up to a window and crappy food comes out?? When did this happen???
    Be buggered hey. And I suppose they call that progress.

you are correct Phill..there are no policies pertaining to rec fishing and probably never will be. They have shafted most of the Dept so nothing to worry about except the commercial fishing part of the portfolio.

There are more important questions to be answered:
    a) Why won't the Minister answer questions about the foster kids tragedy.
    b) why won't Bates answer questions about the nepotism etc
    c) why isn't the cost of living being lowered.

This list could be endless hence rec fishing does not even appear on the radar.

The triumvirate running the place does not care about democracy of the lives of the constituents..they are just hell bent on slash and burn.
    They are backed by a bunch of nameless, faceless gumbies with neither the guts nor the will to speak out about anything without the approval of the Big 3.

Labor..Liberal. Liberal..Labor. Will someone please please please unearth a real leader to get this State and Country operating as it should be.

So where do all the wound up and cut back rec fishing related programs fit in Phil? What about the money raised by the RUF (PPV) component of our regos now being siphoned off the cover normal day to day costs of running Qld Fisheries? Who's policy is that?

Let me guess, cry, cry, excuse, excuse, glory be MP Mark the Messiah, it's all Anna's fault, thankyou Mark may I have another.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    Who was that woman on the tv a week or so ago, done for some kind of coruption. One of Newman's flock
    Two of the LNP's most senior corruption investigators have looked into this matter and found the claims appear to be without substance.
    198415_10151090784986750_1863758686_n.jpg
    ~~~><))))*>

The thing is, I believe this thread is irrelevant.

The question poses " Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recreational fishing ".

Well, as far as I can assertain, the only policy that actually can do a " job " with is the current policy..... or better still, the current regulation / legislation.

OK.. ALL........ if the question needs to be answered.

The LNP do not have apolicy that is tangible...meaning they do not have one on the table in Parliament.

The LNP cannot use the ALP policy, as it is not theirs.

Is the answer to the question NO, because they ( LNP ) have not taken up the ALP policy, or is it YES, because they ( LNP ) have not taken up the ALP policy.
    Yes the thread is relevant as there is an option in the poll that says....what policies.
    and at the moment that option is clearly the leading option in the poll.

I hope you ticked that option old mate

I personally find it sad where The LNP understands fishing is one of the most popular pastimes in Queensland, with an estimated 750,000 recreational fishers in this state.

In addition, we understand many more Queenslanders enjoy a range of activities on our coastal waters.
    and there is no policy pertaining to recreational fishing or other activities many people partake in, on and around the water.
    http://lnp.org.au/policies/better-in...for-the-future

And then on the other hand.....
    Queensland's racing industry employs 30,000 people and supports 130 community based clubs. The tired 20 year Labor Government has abandoned our racing industry and ignored the people who work in and support racing in Queensland............The LNP is committed to making available $110 million for Queensland racing infrastructure upgrades. However, unlike Labor's botched three plans in 18 months, we'll ensure the proposed infrastructure plan undergoes a priority review to ensure projects approved under the program meet future industry requirements.

Also unlike Labor, an LNP Government would no longer insist on equity interest in race tracks in return for funds.

Each code's Control Board will be required to develop a rolling five year strategic plan for their infrastructure needs that will provide industry direction and certainty, as well as enabling industry participants to have a say.

In addition to our commitment to provide $1 million per year to fund 20 additional country race meetings over the next four years, an LNP Government will introduce a new Clubs Cooperation Scheme to ensure TAB clubs provide support to non-TAB country racing clubs.

This scheme will improve sharing of TAB club resources to foster and maintain country racing clubs and meetings. TAB clubs will partner with a minimum of 3 non-TAB clubs to provide technical and logistical services, and other support.

Under Labor, the prize money pool across all codes has been neglected for some years, resulting in prize money falling behind. Racing Queensland has spent

hundreds of thousands on legal fees, wasting millions on so-called "supertracks" that have never been built and that industry didn't want.

All current spending budgets and initiatives will be reviewed and control boards will share back office resources with the aim of releasing more industry funds to be used for prize money.

An LNP Government will also work with Queensland bookmakers to review regulations to ensure their industry operational structure is modern and competitive with those in other Australian States.

It's time for a change. With your help the LNP will get Queensland racing Back on Track.

So a policy to spend $110,000,000 on a recreational industry that supports 30,000 jobs (directly or indirectly??) so how many people can bet (a LNP policy with specific aims and goals all whilst possibly contributing to increasing levels of problem gambling) or $120,000,000 (with how much spent directly on recreational fishing) on one of our richest assets that 750,0000 people enjoy??

What are the priorities of the LNP? Gambling or healthy out door activities or looking after one of our greatest assets?

I think we can safely assume where the LNP priorities lie.
    Recreational Angling or Recreational Gambling

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    So a policy to spend $110,000,000 on a recreational industry that supports 30,000 jobs (directly or indirectly??) so how many people can bet (a LNP policy with specific aims and goals all whilst possibly contributing to increasing levels of problem gambling) or $120,000,000 (with how much spent directly on recreational fishing) on one of our richest assets that 750,0000 people enjoy??

What are the priorities of the LNP? Gambling or healthy out door activities or looking after one of our greatest assets?

I think we can safely assume where the LNP priorities lie.
    Recreational Angling or Recreational Gambling
    Hi Finga, perhaps you've overestimated the position of rec-angling in the eyes of the LNP.
    Of that 4 year $120,000,000 Marine Infrastructure Fund, only $50mil or 41% is for small marine infrastructure such as boat ramps, artificial reefs and pontoons, and over 4 years as claimed, that's less than Labor spent on such things in their last 4 years. Remember too less than 1/2 of Qld's rec anglers actually fish from boats so the majority of anglers are short changed there.
    Also $40,000,000 of this fund is for work on Trinity Inlet so larger Navy and larger cruise ships will be able to enter and better mavoeuvre in the Port of Cairns.
    The remaining $30,000,000 of this fund is to " improve access to Gold Coast Waterways", the lions share on the Southport Sea-Way so much larger vessels can use the port.
    Hardly a $120,000,000 spend on rec-anglers as some would have you believe.
    ~~~><))))*>