View Poll Results: Is the LNP are doing a good job with policies relating to recreational fishing??

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 18.64%
  • no

46 38.98%
  • what policies

50 42.37%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recreation

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

I think Mike is on the money. They Have just spent 6 months knocking rec fishing down. They will wait a while then throw us a few bones and win back the mug punters
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Oh come on Mike. I'm sure you can do better then that..
    A simple glance at what Timmi (and MP Mark for that matter) was posting before the election and what we see from him now shows he just doesn't get it.
    ~~~><))))*>

Timi's rant was a good advertisement for "drinking in moderation"
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

What about the public holiday Mark created just for the Redlands fishing comp? Poor fella just gets no recognition on this forum. I put it down to lack of awareness and Mark's self-depreciating nature that renders him unable to claim glory for such brilliant policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Mark's self-depreciating nature

I suspect that you really meant "self-deprecating".

Then again, given that his reputation in these forums lately has been about as stellar as that of Jayent Patel, you might have meant "self-depreciating". Most of us certainly discounted his announcements on Ausfish a fair while ago.

Do you know what really gets right up my goat up?

What gets up my goat is when people get on here to tell us and to sprook to us to no end useless crap like how they did not change the date of a public holiday BUT when a question is asked or there is a bit of unrest is about....nothing.....not even an inkling of a response.
    Why??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I think that there is much wisdom in what you say, Finga.

To some extent, I feel a bit sorry for the bottom rungs of the LNP parliamentary party. Let's face it, there must be nothing for them to do other than be a sort of customer service desk person to conduit local constituent issues through to the relevant junior public servant working in the relevant ministry. Not much more than a Mumbai call centre operator in some ways. How soul destroying must that be?

A big part of the cause is simply that there are too many of them in this parliament. I was disappointed that my own local LNP member seems to be so impotent in the parliament that absolutely nothing in this year's state budget was for works of any sort in his electorate. If the LNP parliamentary party were smaller, my guess is that there would be more chance for every Government backbencher to get a share of the budget expenditure for his/her electorate. As it stands though, a low ranking member of the government has as much chance as a Labor member of parliament in getting funds budgeted for his/her constituents.

That must be soul destroying, also.

Then when you add in the fact that even with the gilding of the back bencher salaries by the Premier's act of making most of them an assistant minister or something similar, they are still only paid at the very lowest end of what a low level exec in a corporation will earn and with very little opportunity to escape that situation in the medium term. Add to that that they have lots of expenses such as buying generous quantities of raffle tickets at every fete that they attend (sometimes three per Saturday in the fete season), then the poor buggers must have the morale of inmates on death row.

Even worse, because being out of the real workforce for a minimum of three years, means that their employability at their old trade or profession is much diminished against the up and coming youngsters who they were once the bosses of. The situation is likely to be reversed when they emerge from their parliamentary term.

So what sort of person would aspire to be a politician? Either someone with a real desire to make a real difference to social injustice, or a nong who cannot sensibly plan their life out past three years or so in a way that ensures that their family has a decent standard of living into their middle age.

Obviously, backbenchers are the playthings of the back-room power jockeys. Simply expendable pawns whose opinion is worth little and whose impact is, statistically speaking, worth even less.

Finally, by definition, they are doomed to be unpopular.

Consider this back-of-the-envelope calculation. If say, they win their seat by a narrow majority of the vote, say 1%, then it follows that they start the job with 49% of the electorate not liking them.

Then consider that they had to win a pre-selection ballot to represent their party. Again, for simplicity of calculation purposes, if, say, it was a two horse race and they won preselection by a narrow majority of just 1%, then by definition 49% of their own party does not like them.

Add the proportions of these numbers together and, lo and behold, the poor bastards find that almost 75% of the population does not like them from day one. If they are ineffective as Mark Robinson is deemed to be by the comments in this and other threads, or my own local bloke, then perhaps only one in five people would even say "G'day!" to them in the street.

Clearly then, at the very least they are likely to become trichotillomaniacs, if not going the full hog into becoming self hating, nut cases.

We should feel sorry for the poor, directionless, unloved gooses and ease their pain at the very next election.

One thing to come out of this poll, Timmi has 11 user ID's.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    ....and MP Mark for that matter..................
    I don't get how he has the hide to show his face on this forum. Then again, he is a pollie!

Chaz

Well Chaz, we could ask the question, how many other Pollies get on Private Forums and try to engage or enlighten their fellow fishos ?

Answer NONE.

Mark is the exact opposite of your suggestion. He has a passion for fishing and has always had the best intentions to do the best he can with the powers he has.

He has big kahunas for posting away on this forum... IMO, as every time he does, he gets smashed by people that " just like to smash pollies " as they are an easy target.

I have asked many times over the last 6 - 12 months for anyone here to put their hand up and proclaim they have never broken a promise. ya know what..... not one person has even come close to sticking their mitt up.

Glass Houses.......... Trees and Forests

I am still yet to recieve any fact or reproduction of statement by Mark that lends itself to a broken promise.

It is not only this subject, but many others that people say this and that, he said , she said....... and every time I ask for it to be qualified....... nothing, nudda, zilch, zero.

Rumors and inuendo belong on the glossy womens magazines, mudslinging should be left to the professionals in parliament and half truths and heresay should be confined to the realms of the library " fiction " aisles.

I'll ask again, can anyone show me, furnish me, link me etc to any broken promise that the LNP or MP Robinson has committed ? I am talking about a real promise or policy or similar,, this dribble about not releasing a rec fishing policy pre-election is all fairy floss. A policy was released and there, as far as I know, was no promise made for a " recreational fishing policy ". I am happy and indeed would be estatic to recieve facts countering that. I will be the first to take it to Noddy and ask the hard questions, but so far I am empty handed.

Help me to help yourself and others ..................

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Im to lazy to try to look for it but what happened to 1 hook per line in a green zone?

This should do for a start.

I want to know if the auto cue said 'blink now' as Cando seems to concentrate more with his blinks....

Also he seems a bit cross eyed as well at times, probably just trying to read the auto cue and comprehend what it said... i dont know but he doesnt seem too bright but i think he needs a lot more training to get to Obamas expertise at reading auto-cues and making it seem he really believes it.

No aspersions on his character and keeping promises of course, i think it was clearly the auto cues fault..

I think there should be a royal commission into the auto-cues as clearly they are saying things to the public via the politicians who just do there own thing. Its the only credible explanation... next election i would like to meet my local members autocue and see what it thinks as clearly doing that with real politicians so far has raised issues in they dont do what is on the auto cue.

is there an Auto Cue Complaint Department please!
    Tangles KFC

Thanks MackerelMan, but I am unsure what your post is about.

The topic is asking about recreational fishing policies etc, and the you tube clip you posted has nothing to do with that area. It also shows that Noddy did not make any promises that he has broken, to date, if fact that clip doesn't say much at all.

Mike, you are probably right and I am guessing there are " faceless men " behind the Auto-Cue technology and software.

The guts of the LNP campaign was ' I'll do the talking and we all sing from the same hymn book '. That way the promises do not get twisted, skewed etc and the buck ends up stopping with Noddy.

The topic asks a question, and it is quite simple and only requires a one word answer.

Answer............ NO.......... because they haven't done anything in relation to Recreational Policy.

They have and are implimenting a Marine Infracture Policy with a $120mill budget and parts of that will affect Recreational Fishing. Those parts have not seen the light of day, but are none-the-less, on the table. More-so they have been placed on the record in State Parliament as recently as last Tuesday.

Rome was not built in a day and also we are dealing with a Governmental System that requires an election of our politicians every 3 years.... and we all know what the last year of the term is about, and also the first............ I look forward to year 2.

I also expect to eat humble pie should a couple of issues / matters be NOT undertaken by the current Government within this first term ( or within the time frame promised ) , and at the same time I expect a full public ( here on AF ) apology from the " Tall Poppy Chopper Downers " in relation to assumptions and slaging off certain members of this forum.

Year 1. Slash and Burn

Year 2. Stabilise and Roll-out

Year 3. Plan to get re-elected.

That, dear friends, is the ABC of Australian Politics. or in this day and age we could call it.... Politics 101.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I don't get how he has the hide to show his face on this forum. Then again, he is a pollie!

Chaz
    Yeh that's something all pollies seem to do with ease. They quickly forget what they said in the lead up to the election.

MP Mark 16/2/11
    We have committed to the following already: a review of all the science used in snapper management and to conduct additional research; no plans for any bans; no plans for any rec licences; 1 line per rec fisher in Moreton Bay Green zones.
    MP Mark 6/7/11
    "As I said, very soon some broad strategic directions on fishing and fisheries management (those we have been espousing to date) will be made public, with more detail and announcements when Anna Bligh announces the election."
    MP Mark 3/7/11
    "The LNP will release some policy directions soon and more details when the election is called."
    MP Mark 23/6/11
    "But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."
    MP Mark 28/11/11
    "We will release policies once they are complete and when the election is called."
    MP Mark 18/6/11
    "We are still in our consultation process and will announce policies as we get closer to the election.
    Mark"
    MP Mark 24/7/11
    "I would like nothing more than to have an election soon and to put out fishing policies in detail. But the Premier controls the timing of that."
    Red Land Times 28 Nov 2011
    Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election
    Perhaps the most blaintant of all. Anyone who knows anything at all about Newman would laugh at this statement.
    MP Mark 20/4/11
    "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing."
    ~~~><))))*>