View Poll Results: Is the LNP are doing a good job with policies relating to recreational fishing??

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 18.64%
  • no

46 38.98%
  • what policies

50 42.37%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recreation

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

After seeing what a mess the LNP government in Qld is, I am convinced that anyone who still believes in them must have spent most of their school years in that half of the class that made the top half possible.

I will, however, probably need to explain to them what that expression means.

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

I think Tim was looking at Can't Do's performances through the bottom of his scotch glass. I don't think even the State Governments strongest supporters would be saying that the latest cuts are in the intrest of recreational fishing e.g.sacking the Fish Care Volunteers.....WTF????
    I am not a member of the "rusted on Labor looneys" and voted for Can' Do as the alternative was not a viable option. I currently have little faith in him as a leader and see his policies as being the driving forces behind our loss of credit rating to AA by Fitch and the record breaking spike in unemployment. Most economists agree that you cannot cut jobs and programs and expect to stimulate an economy.
    I think that had Can't Do not won his seat then we would be in a much better situation with the "Borg" as leader and Mark Robinson as our Fisheries Minister. Maybe after the next election this is how it will work out
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

So what your saying essentially Timi is all those piddle in ya pockets commitments Mark made were off his own bat and were without any real authority from the party itself ?.

Thats how i read your post, they were Marks promises so now he is not the Minister they are no longer LNP policy.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Firstly, it's a three year Electoral cycle, so no one's judgement is required until the end. It hasn't been long yet and I think the Government has bigger... um... fish to fry, if you'll pardon the expression. Given we are not at the top of the list, is it surprising not much is happening, 6 months in? Not really, unless you have unreasonable expectations.

Second, Mark's comments/announcements here were always predicated on the idea that he would end up as Fisheries Minister. He didn't, so it's a wee bit rough to judge him on that front. I know he pointed that out quite a few times, but it's clearly convenient to forget that sometimes and some people just love to ignore facts when it comes time to criticise (all the time for some trollies, geez, get back under your bridges will you?). He IS working hard to get some results for us, but so many choose not to see that, or to accept it. Give the guy a break, he deserves it.

Third, as BigE pointed out, NOTHING has happened. That at least is good.

There may be a fourth and fifth, too, but I'm full as a boot after an afternoon sailing and drinking, in the hands of a very good Skipper.

And as a sixth, I haven't voted in this poll, sorry to disappoint. So if Mark hasn't, how many evil disagreers with the rusted on Labor looneys are there out there? Call that a stick in the ants nest. I'll come back and check the faux offendend responses in six months or so. It's all the effort they're worth, and I have many better things to do, dinner guests are due now.

Little wonder they haven't said why, given you lot are like Oprah on a baked ham when anyone disagrees with you.

Oh an edit. Champagne, you know... It is very, very difficult to ask for a reduction in Green Zones. The process is a bitch. Asking for the impossible, then blaming the LNP when you don't get it is unreasonable/expected - whichever way you want it. Access to them is the only issue worth spending breath on. Talk to McVeigh about it. Loud and often. If you're not doing that, you're just a whinger. Plenty of those here, right?
    wow..on the slops and you still cannot accept facts.

fact 1: Mark stated the LNP would release a rec fishing policy when the election was called..LIE
    fact 2: Mark stated the LNP would release a rec fishing policy when the budget figues were checked..LIE
    fact 3: you state nothing has happened - a lie
    what has happened?
    1. 2mill ripped from the PPV or whatever it is called.
    2. Funding ripped from Suntag
    3. Funding ripped from Sunfish (even though I am not a Sunfish advocate)

read Phill's thread with the notice fro mMaria Mohr of what has been ripped from fishing..and you reckoin nothing has happened?

You will now call me names and label me a whinger but at least I can see facts and not pretend these issues have not happened and yet still back someone in public office that made blatant lies in a public sphere..rates just along side the one about no carbon tax.

6 months, 12months, 3 years..nothing will improve..my tip..within 12 months this mob will ntroduce a recreational fishing license so they can rip more money from us.

The problem is the previous ALP mob were no better..the quality of electoral candidates in this State is appalling..just a mob of grandstanding muppets wanting some power without any idea of providing services for the populace.

Little wonder they haven't said why, given you lot are like Oprah on a baked ham when anyone disagrees with you.

This, I found very amusing coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse
    I am not a member of the "rusted on Labor looneys" and voted for Can' Do as the alternative was not a viable option. I currently have little faith in him as a leader and see his policies as being the driving forces behind our loss of credit rating to AA by Fitch and the record breaking spike in unemployment. Most economists agree that you cannot cut jobs and programs and expect to stimulate an economy.
    While I mostly agree with the rest of your post, I wanted to respond to this part. I am critical of the LNP handling of the Rec Fishing agenda because it will harm the economy on the tourism front (and the sustainability of the fishery) but to blame the LNP for the loss of AA rating is a huge stretch and I am sure you will find Fitch themselves would disagree with you. I am also positive that Fitch gave the state debt a stable outlook instead of a negative one because of the measures the LNP are taking right now.

As for the economists you mentioned. They are the same economists who were telling us the world economy was just fine right before it blew up in 2008. They are the same economists that will tell you the great depression ended at the beginning of WW2. They are the same economists who would have been screaming for government intervention (along with the ones at the time) when WW2 ended. But, they didn't back then, they didn't have time. The US government had 10million now unemployed people come back from the war and they cut government spending by over 70%. The economy took off like never seen before.

Our problem as a collective is the corrosive expectation that a government at ANY level should be stimulating an economy. It's government that overstimulated the economy for the last decade or more that has got us in this mess to begin with. There is a very good reason it is called a CORRECTion.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    While I mostly agree with the rest of your post, I wanted to respond to this part. I am critical of the LNP handling of the Rec Fishing agenda because it will harm the economy on the tourism front but to blame the LNP for the loss of AA rating is a huge stretch and I am sure you will find Fitch themselves would disagree with you. I am also positive that Fitch gave the state debt a stable outlook instead of a negative one because of the measures the LNP are taking right now.

As for the economists you mentioned. They are the same economists who were telling us the world economy was just fine right before it blew up in 2008. They are the same economists that will tell you the great depression ended at the beginning of WW2. They are the same economists who would have been screaming for government intervention (along with the ones at the time) when WW2 ended. But, they didn't back then, they didn't have time. The US government had 10million now unemployed people come back from the war and they cut government spending by over 70%. The economy took off like never seen before.

Our problem as a collective is the corrosive expectation that a government at ANY level should be stimulating an economy. It's government that overstimulated the economy for the last decade or more that has got us in this mess to begin with. There is a very good reason it is called a CORRECTion.
    Bloody economists ...... probably should be put out on the rubbish along with financial advisors .
    No you cant blame the LNP for the credit rating - be it stable or the rating itself .......

The sentiment within the economy can be blamed on the LNP ........ comments like comparing us to "Spain" or cutting jobs creates uncertainty. With so many loosing their jobs at the same time , optimism will fall . When programs are cut - or there is a rash of cost cutting .... it's the same thing . There is a flow on effect & consumer sentiment takes a bigger hit. ....... This is what we are seeing now

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

"How does the support of older Australians compare? Looking at the solid
    red dots in Figure 2.2 (on page 8), it is clear that voters aged 60 and over
    largely followed the all-age average trend, but they have supported the Coalition
    to a much greater extent
    ."

Source: http://www.ianwatson.com.au/pubs/wat...port_mar08.pdf

It has statistically been proven that the major cohort supporting the LNP are people in their old age.

How much creative policy is likely to emerge from such a club of grumpy, elderly people?

That is possibly why their standard political weapon seems to be negativity and abuse which is what we saw in these forums before the election. Get any group of old people in the same club and they will all grumble all day about the rest of the world. Then add a bit of religion into the mix as we have in Federal politics and nothing new will emerge for decades.

Yup! The current LNP is definitely the worst government party that we have ever had in living memory.... but at least the elderly like them.

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    "How does the support of older Australians compare? Looking at the solid
    red dots in Figure 2.2 (on page 8), it is clear that voters aged 60 and over
    largely followed the all-age average trend, but they have supported the Coalition
    to a much greater extent
    ."

Source: http://www.ianwatson.com.au/pubs/wat...port_mar08.pdf

It has statistically been proven that the major cohort supporting the LNP are people in their old age.

How much creative policy is likely to emerge from such a club of grumpy, elderly people?

That is possibly why their standard political weapon seems to be negativity and abuse which is what we saw in these forums before the election. Get any group of old people in the same club and they will all grumble all day about the rest of the world. Then add a bit of religion into the mix as we have in Federal politics and nothing new will emerge for decades.

Yup! The current LNP is definitely the worst government party that we have ever had in living memory.... but at least the elderly like them.
    This is the same demographic that John Howard appealed to ........ Anglo saxon retired Australians - they saw him as another Menzies .
    I had the fortune ( or misfortune) to live amoung this demographic on the northern peninsula of Sydney ..... and would be privy to many conversations that took place around the dinner table , bbq , gathering up Pittwater way - It really does go back to the 60's ....... & it's why Abbott tries hard to emulate Howard .
    While it may not be the strongest vote in Australia - it is one that can secure an election win

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

What a lot of dribble from you Timmi,
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    What a lot of dribble from you Timmi,

Oh come on Mike. I'm sure you can do better then that..
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

wouldn't be nice to hear why members think that the LNP are doing a good job ? - how many would retract their vote based on the recent cuts & gouging of the RUF ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thumbs down Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

I haven't voted in this poll, sorry to disappoint. So if Mark hasn't, how many evil disagreers with the rusted on Labor looneys are there out there? Call that a stick in the ants nest.
    I think it's more a "disgruntled LNP-voters" ants nest Timi

I haven't voted either mate , so that cancels you Timi , Mark reckons the LNP is doing great , nothing new there

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    wouldn't be nice to hear why members think that the LNP are doing a good job ? - how many would retract their vote based on the recent cuts & gouging of the RUF ?

Chris
    I would love to be able to retract my vote...... It would be a waste of time if I could anyway, no other viable option out there.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I cant wait for all the sweeteners 6 months before the next election in 2 1/2 years time, no doubt rec fishing will get back onto the agenda.
    Tangles KFC