View Poll Results: Is the LNP are doing a good job with policies relating to recreational fishing??

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 18.64%
  • no

46 38.98%
  • what policies

50 42.37%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recreation

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    From a purely fishing perspective you'd have to worry, so far......
    Cut all funding to the states fish tagging program.
    Cut all funding to for Sunfish to run it's junior angler programs that get more kids into fishing.
    And I've been told today all fisheries extension officer jobs gooooooone.
    No more aquaculture researchers in Qld Fisheries, goooooooone.
    Fisheries Industry Development staff, yep gooooooooone.
    And the Fishways Program that works on building better fish ladders so our native freshwater can travel to breed, wound up and staff gooooooone.
    & this is from a government that had the "Munster in waiting" join us at Ausfish spruiking how a vote for the LNP was a vote for recreational fishing.
    no wonder Mark and his media advisor are so quiet ........ I'd be embarrassed too

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Do you think the LNP is doing a good job in relation to policies affecting recrea

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Super Trawler got banned for a couple of years ?
    And who caused that in the first place?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

A question for those who think the LNP are doing a good job with recreational fishing and answered yes to the poll.
    What have they done for us?

Mike has jotted down a few points to say they've stuffed it up. How about a couple of good points?

Yes I believe they are doing a good job with policies in regards to recreational fishing - to stuff it totally.

Cut all funding to for Sunfish to run it's junior angler programs that get more kids into fishing.
    And the Fishways Program that works on building better fish ladders so our native freshwater can travel to breed, wound up and staff gooooooone.
    I have also heard that the funding for freshwater stocking has gone also..this is for groups not under the SIP scheme.
    Plus..a directive that fisheries are only there to implement the fisheries act..no mention of rec fishing in the act.

ok, 3 votes for yes.

Thats Mark & Timmi....... who is this other person? He (or she) needs to own up! LOL

In all serious, the people who are voting yes, please give us your reasons, as maybe I am missing something.

But at the moment, I haven't seen anything positive (for fishing).

Quote Originally Posted by Homer_Jay View Post
    ok, 3 votes for yes.

Thats Mark & Timmi....... who is this other person? He (or she) needs to own up! LOL

In all serious, the people who are voting yes, please give us your reasons, as maybe I am missing something.

But at the moment, I haven't seen anything positive (for fishing).
    Phill has his proxy vote !
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Phill has his proxy vote !
    To tell you the truth I feel for people like Phill who have slaved their guts out to make fishing a better experience for all and their work virtually gets thrown out the window by those who should be taking note of it.
    I have to tip my cap to the people like Phill, Barry Day and the like for what they do for recreational fishing.

UNfortunately Mike is correct, and you can add the marine ecology team to the list as well.
    You would have to answer to both "No" and "what policies?". The conclusion seems to be that fishing and rec fishing in particular is of no real importance.

So how are we suppose to have this scientific review (while we get 1 rod/hook per person in green zones) if we don't have any fisheries scientists left?

Look on the bright side i suppose. At least they wont be looking to lock recreational fishermen out even more while the commercial sector gets a free ride from them.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

post removed

Matty any idea on how much that one in the pic cost to build?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I recall reading heaps of dribble from Mark Robinson, which I thoght at the time was blatant "vote for the LNP" political advertising. Recreational fisho's were going to be so much better off under a LNP Government acording to Mr Robinson. Where is this bloke now? Nothing like being conned again by a Politician!

Has the LNP actually introduced any fishing related policy that has been a benefit to fishoes ?

I'm trying to establish how 5 people can vote that they are happy with the LNPs fishing policies -

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Lovey80,

This rock-ramp fishway cost approximately $30,000.
    I was funded by Fitzroy Basin Association (FBA) Natural Resource Management Group,who are based in Rockhampton.

The vast majority of fishways through-out QLD are funded EXTERNALLY by NRM Groups.

cheers