Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Securing rods in rocket launchers?

Re: Securing rods in rocket launchers?

i had a few near misses with my rocket launcher. I remember heading out to moreton one day and looking around to see a $500 outfit had come out of its holder and was swaying around with its tip luckily entangled with the next rod. i managed to retrieve it. i holesawed the bottoms out of the holders the next day and use a occy type strap from now.

Hi
    Can you tell me where you got that rocket launcher please and cost.

Thanks
    Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    Hi
    Can you tell me where you got that rocket launcher please and cost.

Thanks
    Ronnie
    Sorry Ronnie, I really need to check threads more often. But anyway, I picked it up on eBay. $124.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Maritime-...item3f17142a0b

As a side note, it's not really meant for those BCF blueline bimini's (4 bow), which is what mine is. I had to remove one part, and slightly modify it. It's just as strong, but allows it to be used on that type of bimini.

Pic 1 & 2 show what I removed. Then I just joined the 2 plastic clip thingies (they go on the ends of the thing in pic 2) together with a longer bolt (pic 3). Ignore the zip tie, I used it to hold it in place while I installed a bolt on the other side.

507ca12f-7cfe-4c2c-94b7-61fe85a8f93f_1.jpgDSC_0403.jpgDSC_0399.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Not consider them!?! Bungy straps and gaffa tape are my first port of call for everything.

My boat trailer attaches to the car with a bungy strap held on by gaffa tape.

Lovely smooth stretchy towing with none of those horrible bangs and bumps from cable brakes etc (removed them).

The gaffa and bungy works well as a missus quietener too..... she complains when I don't take her on trips and then complains when I do..... until I quieten the nagging of course.

(god I hope she never reads this... )
    Hey Walrus the you forgot to mention the other two most important things to have in a boat are zip ties and telstra rope

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Hey Walrus the you forgot to mention the other two most important things to have in a boat are zip ties and telstra rope
    Yeah, your right.... can't forget the other half of the tool kit.

Lately I have been experimenting with a new all-round fixer.... superglue.

After I unglued myself from the underside of the gunnel, I have decided to always have some on hand... and foot, and left ear, and side of my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOEY View Post
    Go the bungys. On the topic of rocket launchers, and this may be a silly question. Why do they always face backwards. All the boats i have been on the rocket launchers face backwards from the top of the bimini/roof, hanging over the working area toward the stern of the boat just waiting to be snapped by another rod being cast. If they faced forward they would be totally out of the way (all be it a little harder to reach). Ben
    Not mine, I had mine face forward, it does look a bit funny, but they never hang over the fishing area just waiting to be hooked by a rod in use!!!

They won't fall out LT, I've been trying to shake rods out for over 40 years and it doesn't happen.