Thread: Mate has Camper Trailer I have Boat

Mate has Camper Trailer I have Boat

Does anyone know of any good camp grounds with waterfront sites where my mate can bring his family with his camper trailer and I can take my family with my tent and trailer boat?
    I love camping on south straddie with the boat moored right in font of our site, but trying to find somewhere like this that is also accessible by road is difficult.
    We are in the Brisbane/Goldcoast area.
    Any Ideas would be appreciated !!!

Re: Mate has Camper Trailer I have Boat

We recently stayed at Jacobs Well C/van park which has campsites that front onto the water overlooking VMR etc. Nice place and very secure.

Yamba in nthn NSW has a nice park on the water.... great waterways and good sea access. Never had my boat there yet but I hear good reports about the fishing and boating there.

Broadwater Tourist Park, we stay in the cabins but you can camp there too.

Yamba, Iluka, Evans Head for briney

Leslie dam (you don't even have to take the boat out of the water and you can camp on the edge of the water and not worry about tides) or most of the dams in SE Queensland west of the range
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Carlo point at rainbow beach,,1770 caravan park,, on the inside of inskip point at rainbow beach,,

amity point on north straddie,great place

There's a place at Maroochydore that has cabins right on the river (can't remember if you can set a camper up in there though) and you can moor your boat right out the front of where you stay. There's also a council park in Noosa right on the river, I've never been there but know a bloke who stays there every now and then, same deal apparently, moor your boat right out front.
    There's also several parks in the Tweed area right on the river, there is a few choice sites in each of them with nice views, they have their own ramps so easy for the boat too.
    That's just a few I can remember straight off the top
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Hi
    North shore at Tewantin. has camp grounds with plenty of room for cars, boats camper vans, tents. Toilets and showers and shop. Sit back and relax, watch the waves roll in.

Nice spot. Ahh but be warned it is hard to get in as the council limits the number of people in the park at one time.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL View Post
    Broadwater Tourist Park, we stay in the cabins but you can camp there too.
    I second that, they have their own boat ramp with sandy beach either side of it, threw a crab pot in right there and got a legal buck for my troubles. Daughter caught her 1st fishy there years ago, good memories! Need to do it again soon.

Scalem

Pretty hard to go past Wooli as well. Boat ramp inside the Caravan park and great riverfront sites with plenty of room.

A fair hike but worth the effort for anyone coming down this way is the Mallacoota caravan park right on the waters edge. Easy access to some great fishing and diving off shore.

i'd have to say inskip point

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Coochin Creek is a river that runs into the Bribie Passage. Really good camping spot and has access to the creek for boats. Here is a link to the site. http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/bee...h/camping.html
    Very popular place holiday and long weekends...lots mozzies/sandflies but you will always get them at great spots.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.