Thread: Bass Donut.

Bass Donut.

Hi again,
    Thought I would give the better half a treat and take her down the creek behind the house kayaking for a while this afternoon, with the plan to sneak my Bass rod in!
    She hopped in the Barra yak on the steep grassy bank behind the house and I gave her a good push and she slid down into the creek for a 10 out of 10 launch,good job!!

I then hopped on my Viking yak and got it sliding down the bank only to have the nose hit the water and the keel at the back stop dead on the top of the bank, The yak immediately turned turtle and I got dumped in the creek, This is not a good sign
    Under normal conditions this manoeuvre usually works fine but.....
    Thank goodness for waterproof bags, otherwise I would have had a waterlogged phone.

Drained out and got underway and it was a nice afternoon for it, Had a few casts for zip result along with a lot of lure changes and didnt see a fish.
    Went past a neighbours place and he was out on the creek having a few coldies so we were invited to join in and had a cold beer or two and continued on our way.
    The yak launch would have been more likely caused by a few too many beers but not this time
    It was a great afternoon for a cruisey paddle and no sign of a fish but good to be out on the water.
    Not every time is a winner but its good to be able to enjoy an afternoon like this.
    Maybe next time
    Cheers, steve
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-05 14.53.52 (Small).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	83897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-05 14.21.56 (Small).jpg 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	83898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-05 15.12.54 (Small).jpg 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	83896  

Re: Bass Donut.

Good post Steve, sorry mate I did laugh at you ending up in the creek
    What a great setting to have at your back door, very nice.
    Steve do you usually pull Bass from your creek?
    Better luck next time mate.

Cheers
    BINGO (Dave)

Nice looking water way you have at your back door Steve.

Shame you didnt get any bass, but as you say... better luck next time.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Yeah Guys,
    caught a lot of little bass and some really nice estuary perch.
    There are also some sizeable Mangrove jacks in there and some big eels.

I threw a light rod out behind the house a few weeks back with just garden worms and got several undersize bream, a nice flathead and an eel just before dark. All throwbacks except for the eel which had a little accident.

The fishing there gets better when the heat builds, probably a few weeks time. But we will probably end up in the Richmond chasing flathead on lures by then and we are too lazy to paddle the 6kms to get to the main river
    cheers.

Nice looking spot mate,would have been a funny sight with the launch...Might have to hit the Cod instead of those Bass Steve but it 's closed season..
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    Nice looking spot mate,would have been a funny sight with the launch...Might have to hit the Cod instead of those Bass Steve but it 's closed season..
    Baz
    Yeah Baz , Kat thought it was pretty funny. Yaks only go one way when they pivot on each end, Turtle
    Was waiting to get taken by one of the BIG eels we have there, theres a few 2 metre eels there and they eat everything they can catch.

I only wish I had what you caught recently in there and I would be a happy man.

Might hava crack at the yellas up your way come mid october as we did extremely well on imitation worm Soft plastics there a couple of years back and that was a hoot.
    I need to get over Inverell way to catch up with some friends before christmas, which is coming quickly.

cheers, steve.

Mate if you do come over & have time send me a Pm & we might have a beer..
    Baz

Now thats an offer I would never knock back mate.
    cheers

Barry if you give him beer or rum...dont have a sharp knife or chainsaw in the vacinity

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Barry if you give him beer or rum...dont have a sharp knife or chainsaw in the vacinity
    I have a mate the same with the chainsaw thing.
    Baz

Uuummm, funny you mention that,
    I was making up some deepsea rigs last night for our trip on saturday and I had a couple of rum n cokes.
    I was tightening up a double uni knot with an 8/0 gamaktsu on the end of it and I was holding the loose end with my teeth and somehow it slipped out and I got the pointy end of the hook in my lip but not up to the barb.
    Mate, Its not just knives and chainsaws that I worry about