Thread: Barras and Crocs

Barras and Crocs

I was puzzled at the lack of biting activity on the last weekend from Barra at the same place we fished 2 weeks ago which was buzzing with barra biting.

It was hotter last weekend than 2 weeks ago, and the crocs were not to be seen basking on the river banks - instead all in the water and the barra were hardly biting.

2 weeks ago - the crocs were basking on the shore and the barra were biting well.

Is there a connection here between increased presence of crocs in the water and the barra not choosign to bite?

Or - is there something else i need to be aware of...?

SPlash

Re: Barras and Crocs

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    I was puzzled at the lack of biting activity on the last weekend from Barra at the same place we fished 2 weeks ago which was buzzing with barra biting.

It was hotter last weekend than 2 weeks ago, and the crocs were not to be seen basking on the river banks - instead all in the water and the barra were hardly biting.

2 weeks ago - the crocs were basking on the shore and the barra were biting well.

Is there a connection here between increased presence of crocs in the water and the barra not choosign to bite?

Or - is there something else i need to be aware of...?

SPlash
    Na I dont rekon, doing what a good fisher man does- 'over thinking it'....I do it all the time. When its hotter crocs are always in the water and the bite is hot. Might impact one particular area (a snag) that its just slid under though
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!