Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: curious hanging fish frames around Queensland

curious hanging fish frames around Queensland

Don`t know if any of you guys have noticed this, but I have seen in the last couple of years, the very strange phenomina of large fish frames hanging from road signs along the main roads of Queensland.
    So far I have seen about 5 and are mainly spanos and large trevally.

I don`t think I`m going gaga, so please someone tell if you have also noticed this.

Re: curious hanging fish frames around Queensland

beachmere road, monster cod frame off the king john creek sign a month or two back, and it's not the first time i've seen it.

Just another way of saying, mines bigger than your. Most times I have seen this at boat ramps, road signs must be a new way of advertising.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Regular north Queensland red neck thing. Barra and Macks are the most common. Not a sign in the Burdekin without one most times.
    Good indication of the proportion of the population missing a couple of chromosomes- seems to be a few up this way unfortunately.

Usually plenty on the way into 1770 from Bundy.

Red Neck thing, for sure.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

yea im with camhawk. ive often seen them hanging from the street signs at rainbow beach and roads to inskip point. Mainly mackerel and trevally. Also recently saw a barra frame hanging from a sign at the ramp at toorbul.

a lot of the guys have their "own" signs so they all know what each other is catching, it has been going on for years up north
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent

I love it, dont knock a bit of harmless fun....Think its a good old way of harmlessly bragging about catches. I also love the fact that grey nomads and tourists pull up at that bridge etc assuming thats where they caught them......saw a good barra at Mt Isa once...
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

Have seen the same thing at the Tingalpa creek bridge ( Brissy Bayside)..
    Thought it was a little funny, I must admit.

I often see them around Mount Isa, there were a couple just near our place a few months ago in the middle of town. More then likely out of the lake, however i did see a bunch of dumped carcasses two weeks back which had to be from up in the gulf somewhere, to small to be from the lakes due to the stocking programs.

Usually plenty on the way into 1770 from Bundy.

Red Neck thing, for sure.

Phil,there is a lot from the shallow end of the gene pool in Bundy !

It used to be common for young fellas to catch (or scrounge) a nice barra frame and hang it on the Cloncurry River sign on the old bridge. Pretty harmless really. Same as hanging a wild dog on a gate or a pigs head on a guide post.

Several along the Peak Downs HWY from Mackay to Moranbah!

So, just a bit of redneck Queensland culture....love it!

Plenty to be seen around Townsville. The Bohle River usually has some when the season opens and also down around the Haughton River.
    I love seeing them. Bit proud of my NQ Redneck status too!