Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: battle for wello pt lost, the WAR continues...

Re: battle for wello pt lost, the WAR continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Angryant View Post
    One thing - do they take seasonal change into account? I bet not.
    they have the wind readings from rabybay.org for all of the days that they showed up but we all know it has been a crappy summer this year...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

well, here's the link to wello pt good Friday at 12.45. audio has been muted as one group of picnickers who took offence to being informed they were parking illegally also had poor language control skills. I was mortified when they took fishing rods out of their cars and fished off the rock wall...

Well done Dave.
    I have uploaded two videos of the parking on Good Friday; one was taken at 7am and the other at 10am.

7.00am

10.00am

Angry

good stuff andrew. anybody who suggests that trailer bays are under utilized needs their head read.

You wouldn't believe how close I came to parking one of these idiots in. If I didn't have a late model Turbo Forester that would be prone to a vengeance attack, I would LOVE to have given them some of their own medicine. But I know no good would come of it and the situation would be worse off....

and here we are on good friday minutes after police started writing tickets...

and here are a couple of snippets of easter monday. one more to upload yet...

just another day at the point. insufficient trailer bays available due to selfish pignickers and a useless council.

i launched my boat today at 1pm. wouldn't have been more than 2 doz. boat trailers parked, and i had to wait for a boater to come back in to get his park.cars were parking within 3 bays from the rigging bays!!

There is a council move to increase the shared bays to 42 and these to be available to the public after 12 noon. Ramp up have reported that this will be signed off by council on the 15th May.
    Reality is
    Wellington point boat ramp is unprotected from the wind and as such it is a nightmare if you have to hold your boat at the ramp for any period of time whilst waiting for its trailer or to get the vehicle.
    There are no facilities or pontoons where the boats can be moored and you as a boat owner who pays fees and rates are left to sustain damage and safety risks to your property so that picnicers can park closer and don't have to walk any distance. The people out for a picnic have many options and sites that they can use we boat people have very few. To redirect the boat traffic to an already congested Cleveland boat ramp is ridiculous. Why not direct the picnic people to one of the less utilised parks.
    It must be realised that the time between launching and moving out of the ramp zone and between landing and getting the boat out the water is the high risk period for safety and damage.
    Reckon the council only see this as a perception around lazy boat owners and not around the practical risks and problems about getting the boats in and out of the water without damage or danger. There also seems to be a perception that we only go out in the morning without the realisation of the number of people who are night fishing or driven by tides.