Thread: Cairns Trinity Inlet / Second Beach Yarrabah

Cairns Trinity Inlet / Second Beach Yarrabah

G'day all,

I gave Trinity Inlet a fair going over last time i was home on break, got bugger all. I'm blaming the 21 - 22 deg water temp, hehe. My normal fishing methods is live baiting, mainly trying for Barra, Jacks any the usual big fellas.
    Also flicking /trolling lures, dead frsh bait, i'll try anything!
    Was wondering if anyone else has been finding the fishing a bit slow around the Inlet?

Am thinking next time i'm home i was going to put the tinny in out at second beach (along the Yarrabah Rd) and try out the front around the rocks and shallows. I'm only fishing from a semi v bottom, so going out into the wide open doesn't count.

Does anyone here often use the ramp at second beach, also wondering what the access on / off the ramp is like on low tides, does the ramp run dry on low tides?

Any tips, advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Bundy Rum.......... Not just great for breakfast.

Re: Cairns Trinity Inlet / Second Beach Yarrabah

Hi, I've lived in cairns for the last 2 years and I cant seem to catch anything worth keeping in the inlet.

Only tried a few times but lost interest, crab pots get checked and left open and catfish are not worthy of cat food let alone the table. Plenty of people say they do mind you but I'm not one of them.

Do you ever catch anything in there?

Re: Cairns Trinity Inlet / Second Beach Yarrabah

Quote Originally Posted by barrabart View Post
    G'day all,
    anyone else has been finding the fishing a bit slow around the Inlet?
    does it come any other way?............

have had the odd good day up the inlet (usually mid week - have never caught anything decent on a weekend) but few and far between. Don't fish it very often though and am sure those that do have better results..

As for the ramp at second beach - its very tide dependant. less hassle to just head out there in your tinny - shouldn't be a drama in your boat except in big wind against tide. Just watch the shallows from the mangroves east of hills creek out to the leads.

Moffy.