Thread: anyone fished the wynnum Jetty?

anyone fished the wynnum Jetty?

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone has fished the wynnum jetty recently? and what species of fish they caught there? Thinking of fishing there during the week after work on a rising tide with fresh blood worms for bait.

Re: anyone foshed the wynnum Jetty?

Can't say I've ever foshed anything. .

what the heck is that mean't to mean lol
    must be a Kiwi thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snyderglasman View Post
    what the heck is that mean't to mean lol
    must be a Kiwi thing lol
    Spelling mistake in the title of your thread

As for your question I havent fished of the T jetty since I was a kid but I still see plenty of people out there. Worms, squid or mullet for bait and see how you go.
    Cheers Axl

Re: anyone fished the wynnum Jetty?

I have fished off the wynnum jetty before around 12 months ago caught a dozen legal whiting and a couple of bream. When i was working for a civil construction company we did the refurb of the jetty on behalf of brisbane city council. I can remember on the clear blue sky days seeing squid everywhere around the jetty and mullet jumping everywhere pitty that day i was working and didnt have a fishing rod. I am really looking for info from someone who fishes there regularly and has any tips or tricks that they would be able to pass on.

Re: anyone fished the wynnum Jetty?

I have seen some just undersized Tailor caught there at night with a few bream aroung 27cm. Have often wondered about tossing a few squidgies around looking for a flatty at night out from the lighted area.