Thread: 2.8 gu blown up patrol price

2.8 gu blown up patrol price

Hi all got home for my week off last wednesday packed the boat and car up and headed for glenlyon dam on thursday morning got to stanthorpe had some lunch went back to the car it wound over a couple of times than went bang aparently hydrolic lock caused from a badly blown head gasket had it looked at and the enging is stuffed it is a very tidy car does anyone know what it is worth with the blown engine in it. it is a 1998 model

Re: 2.8 gu blown up patrol price

My bet is a lot lower than you are hoping for.......you are probably better off looking for a decent donk from a wrecker or a reconditioned one if the body is in good nick.
    I went down the same path several yrs ago from a seized donk only 6000 after a complete rebuild that cost 6k......
    Jack.

Re: 2.8 gu blown up patrol price

Duuno about the GU but my son had a GQ..same thing..blown motor. He started stripping it down then realised no time to rebuild it so advertised it as parts..wrecked vehicle. I think he got close to 9k for the parts. One bloke even drove down from Rocky to collect the body.