Thread: Caboolture river discharge

Caboolture river discharge

Heads up for anyone planning on fishing the Caboolture River over the next few days. Seven news just reported a large discharge from the Uhlman road poo plant that's apparently been happening over the last few days. I couldn't find any news of this on the net.

Re: Caboolture river discharge

The Uhlman Road shit chute flows into Burpy creek not Cab River. Still not good news at all though.
    Jack.

well that would explain the crap all over my boat on saturday and the fowl smell i noticed,and possibly the fact i didnt get 1 single bite in 5 hours of fishing.Nice of them to put a sign at the ramp NOT,I would give it a miss and try somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    well that would explain the crap all over my boat on saturday and the fowl smell i noticed,and possibly the fact i didnt get 1 single bite in 5 hours of fishing.Nice of them to put a sign at the ramp NOT,I would give it a miss and try somewhere else.
    Would of been a shit of a job cleaning it
    Someone had to say it

That was one of the comments in the news story, there was no public information at all. I tried pretty hard to find something on line last night and couldn't find anything, surely there's somewhere in the public domain where we can be notified of license breaches as they get reported so we steer clear of the area.

These things do sometimes only show up when they routinely test the waterway as part of their recording and reporting process so contamination could have been happening in the area for some time, but at least the public should be informed so they don't go near it or worse still eat fish they've caught in the area. LNP Mark, are you reading this?

Bloody disgrace not letting people know.

Sandgate area has had something similar happen recently. There were signs on the waterfront saying not to fish or enter the water as there'd been some sort of sewerage spill. I wondered where the hell it came from, as there were no signs around cabbage tree creek or on the pine river.

Cuzza

Hi
    Just read this and that might explain the bad smell around Beachmere a few days back-- well I reckon I could smell something yuk at the kunde street ramp. I go there each day for a look and reckon it was abit off the other day.
    Like you guys said-- Nice of the Authorities to warn everyone about it.

Ronnie

Wonder whqat happened., not long since it was totally upgraded.

Glad I didn't sneak down burpengary creek on my yak like I was planning to on thursday!

Thanks for the heads up as I was heading up there tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Steve

too easy mr s, i don't know how long these things take to clear up, but i'd still be a bit suss.